Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

15 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The worst part about this is thatvboth just keep chucking. Evan in the role he’s in with the starting 5 I guess has to because only he and Vooch in that lineup can actually score, but Ross playing the way he does directly effects the development of Bamba and Okeke, and that sucks. There’s been so many times over the past few games where I’m yelling at Ross forcing a shot over 3 defenders when he has Mo and Chuma wide open around him. It’s time for him to go be a sniper on a contender where he’d actually help the team overall cause right now even when he has his good games, he’s inefficient and full of empty stats.

This is 100% bang on. Ross has to be first to go. And sit Bacon.  Nothing more frustrating than in the 30 seconds Mo actually gets on the floor Ross and Bacon jack up contested 3s over 4 blokes every time with 23 seconds on the shot clock. It’s so infuriating 

Just now, Soul Bro said:

They screwed up.

Hawks fire Pierce. They should have fired the GM. I have no idea what they were doing last off season. All that money for second level players and then they add Rondo. I have to add they gave Rondo two guaranteed years, and left themselves with no way to sign Collins. All this when they really needed to play Cam and Hunter. I know everyone is injured, but where were the minutes for all these guys going to come from? So everyone is hurt, fire the coach. Meanwhile, they had set themselves up perfectly with cap space and completely screwed it up.
Why did they sign Bogdan and not trade one of Reddish or Hunter? Why sign Danilo and not trade Collins? Why sign any of them and maybe just get some lowkey defensive guys on cheap contracts.

God I hope there are some teams out West looking for a LeBron sized body for the playoffs that will give us an expiring and a 2nd rounder for Aminu now he's strung a few starts together. 

Or even East teams looking for a Gianni's sized body I guess.

Can't immediately see a team that stands out though.

I'm not a huge Dunc'd On fan but I usually listen to their segments on the Magic when they do the run down of every team in the East. 

Nate Duncan believes Fournier is worth at least a late first round pick. Thinks the Celtics makes a tonne of sense as a Gordon Hayward lite for them with a TPE that he just about fits into. Says he thinks his value is similar to Marcus Morris (when the Clippers gave up Harkless, 2 1sts and a 2nd) but that Morris plays a more valuable position and it was pointed out that Evans health could damage his value a little also. 

I sad to see the Magic at the bottom of the east coast.  We have a good team but the injuries are keeping great players out of the team.  I will give couple of names of players that I think will really improve our team at cheap salaries.  For the guard position we need a true point guard not a rookie, I will suggest Shabbaz Napier, he is not playing in the NBA this year and can be a great addition.  He control the ball and can score and make plays. at the shooting gurard we are ok with Fournier and Ross.  Small forward and strong forward is where we have issues.  A Gordon and J Issac are great but we cant count with them. Kenneth Fareid is the type of player we need for the strong forward position alternating with Birch and Aminu who is not 100%.  The replacements Ennis, Clark and Bacon at their best are less than mediocre. 

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

I sad to see the Magic at the bottom of the east coast.  We have a good team but the injuries are keeping great players out of the team.  I will give couple of names of players that I think will really improve our team at cheap salaries.  For the guard position we need a true point guard not a rookie, I will suggest Shabbaz Napier, he is not playing in the NBA this year and can be a great addition.  He control the ball and can score and make plays. at the shooting gurard we are ok with Fournier and Ross.  Small forward and strong forward is where we have issues.  A Gordon and J Issac are great but we cant count with them. Kenneth Fareid is the type of player we need for the strong forward position alternating with Birch and Aminu who is not 100%.  The replacements Ennis, Clark and Bacon at their best are less than mediocre. 

We don't have any free roster spots to sign Napier (who I agree would be a handy addition) and I really can't see how Faried is an NBA player anymore. 

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Next year the cap is projected to be $112M, and luxury tax will start around $136M.  Assuming no trades and Aminu opts in, we will have almost $117M committed to 11 players.

A top 5 draft pick will cost about $7-10M depending on slot.

Don't forget we're paying  5.6 mill for Mosgov next year still who isnt technically a player.

Just checked and with Bacon and Clark waived we have salary costs of 120,161,447 and we will have to add a lottery pick to that as well. 4th pick will get around 5,890,300

Edit - -Including the first round pick this would put us on 11 players at 126 million with 4 spots still to fill. They are probably going to have to keep the second round pick no way we can afford 4 vets to fill out the roster.

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

Don't forget we're paying  5.6 mill for Mosgov next year still who isnt technically a player.

Just checked and with Bacon and Clark waived we have salary costs of 120,161,447 and we will have to add a lottery pick to that as well. 4th pick will get around 5,890,300

Edit - -Including the first round pick this would put us on 11 players at 126 million with 4 spots still to fill. They are probably going to have to keep the second round pick no way we can afford 4 vets to fill out the roster.

Mozgov doesn't count against the cap.  Draft picks normally get 120% of slot, so the 4th pick next year will get $7.1M.

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Next year the cap is projected to be $112M, and luxury tax will start around $136M.  Assuming no trades and Aminu opts in, we will have almost $117M committed to 11 players.

A top 5 draft pick will cost about $7-10M depending on slot.

Is your $117m inclusive of the top 5 pick? Because I get $114.5m before adding the pick salary in.