Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 hours ago, matthi32 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yakamlu3

Vuc and Bacon for Smart, Thompson, Nesmith and 21 1rd Pick

Then Trade Fournier for another 1rd Pick (maybe Pelicsns?).

In the draft use all the picks an if needed Ross to get Cade Cunningham.

That Vuc trade is horrible. 

And whoever gets number 1 is getting Cade. Nobody in their right mind is trading Cade for like #5 and 2 non lotto picks. 

Random, but don't be surprised if Tahjere McCall is on the roster next season. Lakeland drafted him #1 overall in the G League draft. The biggest knock on him as a wing was his jumper which was bad in prior years but he's hitting 48% from 3 in the G League this year (respectable 2.6 attempts per game) to go with over 8 boards (he's 6'4) and 4 assists a game. 

44 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I wish we could come up with a package with GS of Gordon and Vooch for Wiggins, Wiseman and the MN pick.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd9edfqq

Why would you want Wiggins? Inefficent scorer, offers nothing defensively, his salary rises are huge each year, compared to Voochs descending contract he would be earning 11.6 million more than Vooch in the last year of their current deals and you would be getting nowhere near Voochs level of production on either end of the court. His per is below league average. He's one of the last players I would want to see us sign.

Genuinely intrigued as to why you would want him?

16 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No doubt Vuch is or can be very good at the position he plays. But he only turns it up (in stretches) when there is a goal or something to gain.

When the team is losing, that's when it's Vuch's time to shine because he knows the Magic are not going to make the playoffs. So, he puts on this spectacular show on offense and surprisingly defense--so far--that makes him noticed by the media and fans.

For him, he sees an opportunity to look like a "man among boys" on the Magic team and hope that it's enough to make him an Allstar, especially in a weak eastern conference.

After that event is over, he will come back down to earth. We all have seen this movie before. 90D214.jpg

My 2 cents.

I’m not a Vuc lover, and I don’t think we can win with him as our main guy, but you gotta give him some credit, he’s been phenomenal for a while now. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Why would you want Wiggins? Inefficent scorer, offers nothing defensively, his salary rises are huge each year, compared to Voochs descending contract he would be earning 11.6 million more than Vooch in the last year of their current deals and you would be getting nowhere near Voochs level of production on either end of the court. His per is below league average. He's one of the last players I would want to see us sign.

Genuinely intrigued as to why you would want him?

I don’t want Wiggins but think that’s what it would take to get the MN pick from GS. In the trade I’m suggesting, we could end up with two top five picks (MN and our own) plus Wiseman. Add in our young guys and we’d have a high ceiling young core for years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I wish we could come up with a package with GS of Gordon and Vooch for Wiggins, Wiseman and the MN pick.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd9edfqq

+1   I want Wiseman too!  90D214.jpg      As Magic Fans,  we often "chase our dreams" and hope they come true. 

LQjuM1.png Message To front office. . .4yd8aa.jpg 

On 2/24/2021 at 9:28 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No doubt Vuch is or can be very good at the position he plays. But he only turns it up (in stretches) when there is a goal or something to gain.

When the team is losing, that's when it's Vuch's time to shine because he knows the Magic are not going to make the playoffs. So, he puts on this spectacular show on offense and surprisingly defense--so far--that makes him noticed by the media and fans.

For him, he sees an opportunity to look like a "man among boys" on the Magic team and hope that it's enough to make him an Allstar, especially in a weak eastern conference.

After that event is over, he will come back down to earth. We all have seen this movie before. 90D214.jpg

My 2 cents.

This is an incredibly unfair take. You are basically writing off any good Vuch does because of the situation he is in. Then in the event he is on a better team and his numbers go down you can point back and say “see I told you so”. You seem to completely write off the possibility that he has just, yknow, gotten better

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t want Wiggins but think that’s what it would take to get the MN pick from GS. In the trade I’m suggesting, we could end up with two top five picks (MN and our own) plus Wiseman. Add in our young guys and we’d have a high ceiling young core for years.

Well that pick most likely wont covey until next year. And while we would have a young core, we wouldnt be able to build around it as there would be no cap space to sign any vets. A team full of young players and rookies would still be a very bad team. Though I can't deny they would probably be much more fun to watch. (I'm assuming we wouldnt have Clifford if we roll it back to a young team.)

I think Vooch is probably the only player that is probably off the table for trades. Without him this current team would be the worst in the league and the FO would most likely get sacked quite quickly.

33 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Well that pick most likely wont covey until next year. And while we would have a young core, we wouldnt be able to build around it as there would be no cap space to sign any vets. A team full of young players and rookies would still be a very bad team. Though I can't deny they would probably be much more fun to watch. (I'm assuming we wouldnt have Clifford if we roll it back to a young team.)

I think Vooch is probably the only player that is probably off the table for trades. Without him this current team would be the worst in the league and the FO would most likely get sacked quite quickly.

Management doesn't have the balls to trade anyone. Like most people have pointed out our most desirable guys are on good contracts. Almost no way to get good value back unless we are going for picks and salary dumps. No way in hell they do that. Right now i think the safest trade would be a 3 teamer where Evan goes somewhere and we get a veteran point guard who could start until Fultz is healthy. George Hill makes alot of sense but i doubt he wants to be here. He only costs 10 million and his contract is only partially guaranteed next year.

Other then this very sensible trade i have nothing. Everything else i think up is a fantasy or horrible with our cap, thanks to resigning Fultz and Isaac.

If Brad Stevens gets let go by the Celtics I’d love to have him here. The only question about him is managing egos which I imagine we won’t have next season with Fournier gone

Just now, MagicMoses said:

If Brad Stevens gets let go by the Celtics I’d love to have him here. The only question about him is managing egos which I imagine we won’t have next season with Fournier gone

I don’t think they would (most likely to try and make trades to improve their roster) but a man can dream