Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Strange rumor, LA need sure things for their target, not umproven players that are unable to play minutes in a weak team.

Is it though? Magic Centers going to the Lakers, name a more iconic duo. LOL, yes it would be strange getting such a unproven player. He checks all the boxes of being a Davis sub if they can do anything with him. It's a no go they don't have anything. 

While the Magic‘s roster has been decimated by injuries this season, no pre-deadline fire sale appears imminent. League sources tell ESPN’s Zach Lowe that Orlando has been “projecting patience and optimism” about bringing their core players back next season, with Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz due back from major knee injuries.

That doesn’t necessarily mean the Magic will stand pat entirely at this season’s deadline. Lowe suggests that the team might be open to a deal involving Evan Fournier, whose contract will expire this summer, but he stresses that’s just his speculation.

for those of us praying for a reset...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470f0434i60zkhdlw8s1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

for those of us praying for a reset...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470f0434i60zkhdlw8s1

I don’t think there’s really anything here but we’ll see. If we stand pat at the deadline I’m done with this management team though, mainly because it’s bad basketball to keep an asset you know you can’t afford in a season that doesn’t have late playoff or title aspirations. We either need to deal Fournier or deal enough money to be able to re-sign Fournier and stay out of the luxury tax.

I like Lowe bringing up Toronto as a trade partner. There are several teams in win-now mode that our vets could help. Some that come to mind are Toronto, Boston, Philly, LA, LAC and GS. Any others?

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I like Lowe bringing up Toronto as a trade partner. There are several teams in win-now mode that our vets could help. Some that come to mind are Toronto, Boston, Philly, LA, LAC and GS. Any others?

(I accidentally hit the edit button instead of the quote button first... These mod powers are taking some time to get used to)

Denver, Dallas, I also wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks made a win now move to try and ensure they make the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Miami is looking for a 4...how about Aminu?

49 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t think there’s really anything here but we’ll see. If we stand pat at the deadline I’m done with this management team though, mainly because it’s bad basketball to keep an asset you know you can’t afford in a season that doesn’t have late playoff or title aspirations. We either need to deal Fournier or deal enough money to be able to re-sign Fournier and stay out of the luxury tax.

This is exactly what the Pacers have been doing. They traded for Lavert because  he is player with upside who was cheaper and signed a few more years. Oladipo was i most likely leaving and probably wanted more money. 

Despite dealing with recent back spasms, this wing continues to play at a high level. Fournier, 28, is averaging 17.9 points on 45% shooting from the field on the season. Contending teams could certainly use that type of efficient scoring from the two-guard or small forward position.

Of all the potential Orlando Magic trades ahead of the deadline, this one seems to make the most sense. Fournier is currently on the final year of his contract and is earning a mere $17 million. Realistically, Fournier would land Orlando a first-round pick and a young player in return. Perhaps, a team like the New York Knicks come calling with Kevin Knox and their first-round pick (from Dallas) as trade bait.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/orlando_magic_should_blow_it_up_ahead_of_nba_trade_deadline/s1_12680_34138073

as of today that Dallas pick is late lottery