Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

15 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I’m not sure what your argument is or what you’re suggesting mine was.  This makes no sense.  

Maybe your question can be answered by answering how many of our outside of top 4 picks (in the lotto) have become what you suggested (reliable solid starters for us).  I suspect the answer to your own question is a very short one.

You were saying that you can’t really expect low lottery picks to become solid starters. If that’s true, and expectations are really that low, where do all the starters come from?   As I said in my earlier post,  if only the top three or four draft picks each year become reliable starters, you wouldn’t have enough to replenish the ranks.  

While I believe Vooch deserves all star consideration, I think he’ll have to make it as a reserve. Giannis, Durant, Embiid and Tatum all deserve votes above him, in my opinion.

13 hours ago, JJZFL said:

You were saying that you can’t really expect low lottery picks to become solid starters. If that’s true, and expectations are really that low, where do all the starters come from?   As I said in my earlier post,  if only the top three or four draft picks each year become reliable starters, you wouldn’t have enough to replenish the ranks.  

Show me where I said that please.

Celtics base is in full panic mode after getting blown out by the Wizards. Maybe this is the year they finally make their move for one of our bigs. Birch for Nesmith? Vucevic for Brown? I doubt they even entertain trading Brown, but man, Fultz/Brown/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba would be fun

32 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Celtics base is in full panic mode after getting blown out by the Wizards. Maybe this is the year they finally make their move for one of our bigs. Birch for Nesmith? Vucevic for Brown? I doubt they even entertain trading Brown, but man, Fultz/Brown/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba would be fun

TRoss or Fournier into their TPE for Nesmith? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

TRoss or Fournier into their TPE for Nesmith? 

Would definitely help with our cap situation. Boston seems like an easy option to trade with. I was also high on Romeo coming out

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Would definitely help with our cap situation. Boston seems like an easy option to trade with. I was also high on Romeo coming out

Im actually not a huge fan of Nesmith and we've got a bit of a track record of taking on guys who need a change of scenery so Langford would be interesting. I think id need a FRP too though because I can't see how Langford has any value at the moment. 

Truth be told I'd prefer a FRP to any of Nesmith or Langford if it's possible and it's an either/or situation.

It's still early in the G-League but Karim Mane is shooting 25% from the field and 0% from 3 so far in the first 3 games. Hopefully we see some meaningful improvement from him as the season goes on. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's still early in the G-League but Karim Mane is shooting 25% from the field and 0% from 3 so far in the first 3 games. Hopefully we see some meaningful improvement from him as the season goes on. 

Well, on the bright side, his 3 point shooting can only improve  :)

literally all the starters are generally picks taken before 20. Look at our roster Healthy and not healthy

Fultz -1, Fournier - 20, Vuc - 16, Isaac - 5, Gordon - 4

Injured Team

Cole - 15, Ross - 8, Vuc - 16,  The other 2 or 3 fill ins were Undrafted or 40th pick. MCW was 11

Low Lottery to 20 is the bulk of the starters in the league.