Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

6 hours ago, harley said:

If these clowns *****ing trade Mo and keep Vooch/Birch then there would be riots. I’d find another team that’s for sure. as mentioned above that last Clifford statement about “no minutes” after what Mo just produced has to be the most deflating and depressing things I have ever heard from this organisation. And after how this season has gone this is the last thing we needed to hear smh. 
I can’t come back to Clifford from here, I want him gone more than anything. 

The funny thing is their would be absolutely no riots and would be accepted with a whimper of noise...

Like everything else going on in the world at the moment....

Whimps and internet warriors..

This isnt a dig at you at all just saying how i see things.

Bamba if we traded him it would be business as usual...same **** different day

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I want to play Bamba, and I believe a trade will be needed to make that happen, but I understand Cliff’s mentality. He doesn’t want young guys to be gifted minutes, he wants them to earn those minutes.

More than any other highly drafted player I can remember for the Magic, Mo has been inconsistent in his early years with the Magic. Cliff has played young guys like Cole, Fultz, Isaac and Okeke. Maybe injuries have allowed for such, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up hearing there was more going on with Mo behind the scenes in practice, meetings, and beyond that called into question his commitment.

The good news is something has to be done in O-Town because our record and roster are a hot mess right now.

Lots of good points here.  Let’s remember that for the first two years Clifford actually was playing Bamba over Birch.  I agree with the above comment that there is likely stuff behind the scenes which has soured Clifford on Bamba.  Whether that’s unreasonable or not it is hard for us to assess without knowing what the issues are.  Certainly it seems like Bamba is trying hard in the very limited minutes he’s currently getting.  

With Cole out now, Is there anyway you can set your notifications for when Bamba gets minutes? Don’t see any other reason to watch 

55 minutes ago, harley said:

With Cole out now, Is there anyway you can set your notifications for when Bamba gets minutes? Don’t see any other reason to watch 

crap, did not know Cole got hurt. Seriously. I think I'll check out entirely now too til something useful happens...

I was kind of hoping we'd get Josh Hart somehow by trading Fournier or Ross to the Pels but he put up 20 and 17 yesterday so that seems more and more unlikely.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, CTMagicUK said:

My problem is I want Mo Bamba to play the backup center minutes so Im going to have to vehemently disagree with the idea that the solution isn't 'trade Khem Birch'.

I know, we've different opinions but I've understood yours... ask management, not me :P, they're the ones that want to win be mediocre at all cost.

Ya know, I was thinking about it... part of the delusion of this team is that we’re somehow only 3 games back in the division and are currently 3-1 against divisional opponents. Mind you, those 3 wins were literally our first 3 games of the season, but until some one in the southeast sets themselves apart we’re gonna keep trying to win at the cost of developing youth