Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m curious whether SA would give up a nice piece or two for Vooch

I am more optimistic about Hornets and Warriors 

Random thought. Would you do one or multiple of these trades?

Trade with the Rockets - Fournier for Oladipo straight up?

Trade with the Spurs - Vucevic + pick for Lamarcus Aldridge (expiring) and Keldon Johnson?

Trade with the Suns - AG for Bridges and Crowder (can be traded after Feb. 26) and 2021 first/2022 second. 

I think it is time to move on from the old guard. While I love AG and would hate to see him leave. I think we build around Fultz/Isaac if they can be healthy (big question). Young players like Bridges and Johnson could help craft the next core. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Random thought. Would you do one or multiple of these trades?

Trade with the Rockets - Fournier for Oladipo straight up?

Trade with the Spurs - Vucevic + pick for Lamarcus Aldridge (expiring) and Keldon Johnson?

Trade with the Suns - AG for Bridges and Crowder (can be traded after Feb. 26) and 2021 first/2022 second. 

I think it is time to move on from the old guard. While I love AG and would hate to see him leave. I think we build around Fultz/Isaac if they can be healthy (big question). Young players like Bridges and Johnson could help craft the next core. 

1. No, I’m not high on Oladipo and the deal he’ll want this summer.

2. I’m high on multiple young Spurs players, especially Johnson and Vassell. However, they’d have to give us at least a 1st and a young gun for Vooch (Aldridge would be just an expiring for us).

3. At this point, I think Bridges may have more value than AG straight up, so I don’t think the Suns do that deal.

I’m extremely curious about what AG’s price will be if we deal him. There’s a good chance the best we get is a Tobias Harris type package where you can just get expirings that we let walk. Every high for Aaron now is followed by 2 or 3 lows, and on top of all that, he’s now proving to be extremely injury prone. I’d rather keep him because I am near certain any trade for him would just be a cap move

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m extremely curious about what AG’s price will be if we deal him. There’s a good chance the best we get is a Tobias Harris type package where you can just get expirings that we let walk. Every high for Aaron now is followed by 2 or 3 lows, and on top of all that, he’s now proving to be extremely injury prone. I’d rather keep him because I am near certain any trade for him would just be a cap move

I think you're over thinking it based on his injury and the role that was forced on him when Fultz went down. He's a 25 year old on a declining, fair, contract who's having a career year so far from the 3 point line. He's an excellent defender, passer and finisher. In my opinion he's a better player than Robert Covington so should be worth at least equal value to that trade. 

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think you're over thinking it based on his injury and the role that was forced on him when Fultz went down. He's a 25 year old on a declining, fair, contract who's having a career year so far from the 3 point line. He's an excellent defender, passer and finisher. In my opinion he's a better player than Robert Covington so should be worth at least equal value to that trade. 

I see what you’re saying, I guess my point is that there’s not enough consistent “Good AG” material to put together where we wouldn’t get ripped off in a trade for him. I agree with you that he has value, I just don’t see us getting anywhere near enough back if we move him this season

We missed the opportunity to trade Vuc when he was on the expiring deal and played great. Now there is another perfect chance to do it. He is playing well, there are teams with serious interest. Demand is there. I do not think there will be another chance to sell him high again and get a good return.

4 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

We missed the opportunity to trade Vuc when he was on the expiring deal and played great. Now there is another perfect chance to do it. He is playing well, there are teams with serios interest. Demand is there. I do not think there will another chance to sell him high again and get a good return.

I think we’re significantly more likely to trade Bamba than we are Vucevic.

Speaking of which, Mo is starting to subtly voice frustration on social media. He retweeted a Durant post this morning that said “Free me”. The kid wants out and frankly I don’t blame him. Clifford seems to have some sort of grudge against him

57 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Speaking of which, Mo is starting to subtly voice frustration on social media. He retweeted a Durant post this morning that said “Free me”. The kid wants out and frankly I don’t blame him. Clifford seems to have some sort of grudge against him

Not playing Bamba at all is very strange...

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree... though I’d personally like to trade Vooch for young talent. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I agree... though I’d personally like to trade Vooch for young talent. 

Yeah, I’d much rather try to get younger and play Bamba, but this team feels like it’s never gonna break up the Vooch, Evan, Aaron core no matter how obvious it is they should.

At least Cole and Chuma are looking good

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yea, I saw that also... Its frustrating to see from a fans perspective I can only Imagine what it’s like for him...