Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Okeke is not a starter if the team is healthy 

Yea your right, I misread. Though long term I do think he will be. 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea your right, I misread. Though long term I do think he will be. 

We’ll see.  He got to stay healthy first. He only played five games, and we haven’t seen him since.  Have there been any updates on his condition?

Watching Knicks vs Clippers...this rookie Quickley, what a great player! So much potential and drafted late...unbelievable talent 

KOC absolutely rips Clifford and magic for giving Birch minutes over Bamba in his latest mismatch podcast. He’s  Still very high on him. Hopefully something changes and quickly. 

1 hour ago, harley said:

KOC absolutely rips Clifford and magic for giving Birch minutes over Bamba in his latest mismatch podcast. He’s  Still very high on him. Hopefully something changes and quickly. 

This would be solved quickly by getting a new young coach with a 21st century basketball mind. Cliffords methods are old and dated. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This would be solved quickly by getting a new young coach with a 21st century basketball mind. Cliffords methods are old and dated. 

Preach!!! 

14 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree and repeated that multiple times, but at the same time, it's not coach Cliff fault at all, he's who he is, the real sln was hiring him. I would have loved to have him back as a def assistant, paired with a Nurse-like kind of coach.

It's time to look at this team for what it is and has been. I submit the 2018-19 team that went 42-40 is an aberration. That team with tremendous health finished 22-9 to get to that record. Outside of that 31 game stretch this team is more who it was before that stretch and who it has been after. 33-40 last year and 8-13 this year. This team never really arrived anywhere or had a new expectation of their overall standing in the league. This team over the past two years has made it's living beating the bottom feeders for the most part because of better coaching and better effort. Not because it was so much more talented then those teams.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

It's time to look at this team for what it is and has been. I submit the 2018-19 team that went 42-40 is an aberration. That team with tremendous health finished 22-9 to get to that record. Outside of that 31 game stretch this team is more who it was before that stretch and who it has been after. 33-40 last year and 8-13 this year. This team never really arrived anywhere or had a new expectation of their overall standing in the league. This team over the past two years has made it's living beating the bottom feeders for the most part because of better coaching and better effort. Not because it was so much more talented then those teams.  

Spot on. As bad as our record has been we always seem to  play teams that are resting stars over the years. Other teams see us as the perfect chance to rest players. It’s time for a new dawn here. Full reset, Coaches and players. 

• Upvote 1