Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Yup, it's time to view the season as 2014 all over again. Rookie foward, rookie point guard  and bacon can be Oladipo and Bamba can be Dedmon.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The one thing I’ll say about Birch is that he plays within his role. If coach sees that he can stretch the floor, I hope that’s true. It would completely change his career trajectory.

Yeah, I like him, I've seen him in Europe quite a lot even before he came to NBA, but he has always played center... even if the corner 3 will became reliable, playing him on the perimeter, and having him chasing faster PF on defense... not sure that this is maximizing the potential.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Clifford has specifically mentioned how good the defense was playing Vuc and Birch together and how it's something he'll do this year...

I've made a little research now, and stats doesn't exactly back up Coach Clifford sensations. (def rating is the last value on the right)

Vucevic+Birch=110,9

Vucevic+Gordon=109,8

Vucevic+Isaac=105,3

Worst possible pairing of PF/C

Cattura.JPG

• The Magic have until December 29 to exercise Mohamed Bamba‘s $7.57MM option for the 2021/22 season. Bamba’s development has been slowed by health issues and he has yet to be cleared for full contact, but according to Roy Parry of The Orlando Sentinel, “all indications are that the team values Bamba and remains committed to him.” That bodes well for his fourth-year option.

I think the level of activity in this forum these past days really represents the mood and expectations of the fanbase (including mine) towards this team...

Even though, I really miss Magic basketball and I'm hopeful we can watch some of our young guys in tonight's pre-season game. After the (lack of) moves our FO did this offseason, I presume this will be an "observation season" so I really hope that, at least, they'll get plenty of minutes on the floor!

• Upvote 1