Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Exactly my point.  We need to get rid if some of these guys in favor of some shooters.  Nothing against Ennis, he just isn’t what we need right now.  

We need to get rid of these guys and play our draft picks when they’re fit. We need to give Okeke and Bamba as many minutes as possible. We all ok with losing games if this is the case. But these gritty losses with Ennis, Bacon, Birch and Clark scrapping is probably had me at the lowest point I have felt as a magic fan. This FO is done for me. We can’t even sign Fournier even if he wanted to stay. How sad is that. We better get something for him 

15 minutes ago, harley said:

We need to get rid of these guys and play our draft picks when they’re fit. We need to give Okeke and Bamba as many minutes as possible. We all ok with losing games if this is the case. But these gritty losses with Ennis, Bacon, Birch and Clark scrapping is probably had me at the lowest point I have felt as a magic fan. This FO is done for me. We can’t even sign Fournier even if he wanted to stay. How sad is that. We better get something for him 

I think if Okeke and Bamba both could prove they can handle a regular load of minutes consistently without getting hurt (or sick) they’d both be in the rotation right now.

What it comes down to is I don’t think any of us realized how much Markelle Fultz meant to this team, even his biggest fans. He was always in control and made everything easier on everyone. Even if he never develops a 3 ball, he’s still our point guard for the next decade barring injury. That one single move is the sole reason why Weltman hasn’t been chased out of town yet, and if we’re being generous maybe re-signing Vooch as well.

20 minutes ago, harley said:

We can’t even sign Fournier even if he wanted to stay. How sad is that. We better get something for him 

No idea what you’re referring to here... if we wanted to keep Evan and he wanted to stay we could easily re-sign him.

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No idea what you’re referring to here... if we wanted to keep Evan and he wanted to stay we could easily re-sign him.

We would have to move Aminu and AG otherwise we would be in luxury tax, thinking we’ll be adding a top 5 picks salary as well. 

7 minutes ago, harley said:

We would have to move Aminu and AG otherwise we would be in luxury tax, thinking we’ll be adding a top 5 picks salary as well. 

Meh, this is strictly a hypothetical. The league hasn’t set next years cap numbers yet and there’s a lot of moves we could make to navigate numbers around (stretching and trading being the main ones). I don’t think we’ll bring Evan back, but don’t think it has that much to do with the luxury tax. 

That Aminu signing and contract was unforgivable, it was bad at the time and has gotten worse every minute after we signed him. Reminds me a lot of when we signed Biyombo, but at least Biz played. Feels like ever since our last streak as contenders ended we’ve been good for one of those awful signings every couple years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Now its time to sell high on Vuc!

Maybe something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6sp9okk

We would also have to include at least 2 first round picks (to WAS). And BOS should also include one first round pick (to WAS).

2022 Magic:

Fultz/Anthony/MCW

Brown/Ross/Bacon

Isaac/Ross/Okeke

Gordon/Okeke/Aminu

Theis/Bamba/Birch

At least our D would be league-best!

2 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Now its time to sell high on Vuc!

Maybe something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6sp9okk

We would also have to include at least 2 first round picks (to WAS). And BOS should also include one first round pick (to WAS).

2022 Magic:

Fultz/Anthony/MCW

Brown/Ross/Bacon

Isaac/Ross/Okeke

Gordon/Okeke/Aminu

Theis/Bamba/Birch

At least our D would be league-best!

I love the idea but don’t think Boston parts with Brown. He’s close to being a superstar... along with Tatum. Additionally, I believe Washington would want better prospects.

I am hoping for something like this: 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y68adfrl

Fournier (or Gordon) and Vooch for Thompson and Wiseman. It’s probably a pipe dream but GS can’t waste years and Thompson has suffered two big injuries. Meanwhile, on our end, it’d be a long range risk but at least give us a new direction with upside.

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I love the idea but don’t think Boston parts with Brown. He’s close to being a superstar...

They wouldn't even answer the phone.

At least we’re not the Pistons, riding Griffin and Rose to the worst record in the league.

That team should go full youth movement with Hayes and Doumbouya playing 35+ per game