Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

In 16 days every guy who was a free agent this summer can be traded. So for us that's MCW, Ennis, Clark and Bacon. 

I think you keep Bacon and MCW.  Don’t know that anyone would want the other two but I’d be looking to get rid of them for prospects if possible.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I think you keep Bacon and MCW.  Don’t know that anyone would want the other two but I’d be looking to get rid of them for prospects if possible.  

I've been very disappointed with Gary Clark this season, especially after his performance in the bubble. I actually like Ennis, he's an energy guy that always seems to be in the right place, plays tough defense, and gets those random energy plays/buckets without you having to run anything for him. Bacon seems to be developing into that same kind of energy player, but with a bit more offensive game. I wouldn't object to trading Clark, though not sure what you would get - protected 2nd rounder, maybe and thereby opening up a roster spot? I'm not sure you would get much more than that for Bacon, either. I think Ennis is the kind of bench veteran most teams would like to have - but, he should be more of a role player. Our injury situation has forced us to over use him. 

Magic need a point guard. So last night our rookie point guard wins the game after our 7th year number 4 pick can't make a game winner. At the same time the most obvious point guard in the draft we needed to draft a point guard destroys the latest super team. Magic fans go back to discussing Ennis. Blow this **** up, trade everybody. I already said Cole was the best pick we have made in 4 years because he is not a project. He was a legit scorer instead of a project and probably still projects more as sixth man.

Major draft picks or free agents not contributing. Isaac,Fultz,Bamba,Chuma,MCW and Clark. Players who are contributing, Henny brigade and Cole, the first logical draft pick. These guys have no talent, they probably view internet articles  instead of attending camps. I see nothing, not  a future our trade in march is probably based around the cap and not a cohesive team. Stop  trying to justify the Vuvcevic contract, they drafted a failure at center, what were they supposed to do. Could have drafted a point guard. Absolute losers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Magic need a point guard. So last night our rookie point guard wins the game after our 7th year number 4 pick can't make a game winner. At the same time the most obvious point guard in the draft we needed to draft a point guard destroys the latest super team. Magic fans go back to discussing Ennis. Blow this **** up, trade everybody. I already said Cole was the best pick we have made in 4 years because he is not a project. He was a legit scorer instead of a project and probably still projects more as sixth man. 

Major draft picks or free agents not contributing. Isaac,Fultz,Bamba,Chuma,MCW and Clark. Players who are contributing, Henny brigade and Cole, the first logical draft pick. These guys have no talent, they probably view internet articles  instead of attending camps. I see nothing, not  a future our trade in march is probably based around the cap and not a cohesive team. Stop  trying to justify the Vuvcevic contract, they drafted a failure at center, what were they supposed to do. Could have drafted a point guard. Absolute losers.

Sexton was super raw and some people were giving up on him during his rookie season. The Cavs still gave him every minute he could handle (rightfully so) and now are getting the rewards.

Our team doesn't really let rookies fly, unfortunately. Probably my biggest gripe with the current regime

19 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I've been very disappointed with Gary Clark this season, especially after his performance in the bubble. I actually like Ennis, he's an energy guy that always seems to be in the right place, plays tough defense, and gets those random energy plays/buckets without you having to run anything for him. Bacon seems to be developing into that same kind of energy player, but with a bit more offensive game. I wouldn't object to trading Clark, though not sure what you would get - protected 2nd rounder, maybe and thereby opening up a roster spot? I'm not sure you would get much more than that for Bacon, either. I think Ennis is the kind of bench veteran most teams would like to have - but, he should be more of a role player. Our injury situation has forced us to over use him. 

The problem with Ennis is his shooting is terrible and we have too many of these gritty guys who can’t shoot on the floor at the same time.  With him,  Birch, and Clark on the floor you’ve got 3 who can’t shoot.  Add MCW and we just don’t have enough offense.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

The problem with Ennis is his shooting is terrible and we have too many of these gritty guys who can’t shoot on the floor at the same time.  With him,  Birch, and Clark on the floor you’ve got 3 who can’t shoot.  Add MCW and we just don’t have enough offense.  

Ennis' shooting so far this year has been terrible - I agree. However, he is a 34.8% shooter from 3-pt range for his career, and is coming back from a leg injury, which tends to affect your lift/shot. Birch's numbers are actually up this year, and he continues to work/improve. Unfortunately, Clark just seems to have regressed for no apparent reason. I absolutely agree that MCW, Ennis, Clark and Birch on the floor at the same time is just plain ugly, and allows teams to ignore them and collapse around TRoss. I would have been okay trading Clark and a protected 2nd for KPorter, or even just the 2nd and cutting Clark. I think it would have been a bit of a high-risk move, given his history, but I wouldn't have complained (too much?!). I wouldn't mind cutting Clark and bringing in another veteran PG. I believe Napier, Mudiay, and Brandon Knight are all still available. Unlike a few others on here, I want Cole to continue starting and get as much playing time/experience as he can handle this year. I want to force him to develop, but I'm not sure Bone or Mane are able to push him; but Napier/Mudiay/Knight would provide better backup PG play and push Cole and help him improve.

9 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Ennis' shooting so far this year has been terrible - I agree. However, he is a 34.8% shooter from 3-pt range for his career, and is coming back from a leg injury, which tends to affect your lift/shot. Birch's numbers are actually up this year, and he continues to work/improve. Unfortunately, Clark just seems to have regressed for no apparent reason. I absolutely agree that MCW, Ennis, Clark and Birch on the floor at the same time is just plain ugly, and allows teams to ignore them and collapse around TRoss. I would have been okay trading Clark and a protected 2nd for KPorter, or even just the 2nd and cutting Clark. I think it would have been a bit of a high-risk move, given his history, but I wouldn't have complained (too much?!). I wouldn't mind cutting Clark and bringing in another veteran PG. I believe Napier, Mudiay, and Brandon Knight are all still available. Unlike a few others on here, I want Cole to continue starting and get as much playing time/experience as he can handle this year. I want to force him to develop, but I'm not sure Bone or Mane are able to push him; but Napier/Mudiay/Knight would provide better backup PG play and push Cole and help him improve.

I agree with everything you’ve said about Cole.  Regarding Ennis, I think we’ve seen from our recent string of losses that you need 3-4 three point threats on the floor at all times and Ennis just isn’t giving us that at this point.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with everything you’ve said about Cole.  Regarding Ennis, I think we’ve seen from our recent string of losses that you need 3-4 three point threats on the floor at all times and Ennis just isn’t giving us that at this point.  

In fairness to Ennis we only have 1 guy shooting above league average in three pointers this year

Role players perform well when the rest of the team, and especially the best players, works well.

Instead our supposed best players that should be role players, or 3rd 4rd string in a contender.

18 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

In fairness to Ennis we only have 1 guy shooting above league average in three pointers this year

Exactly my point.  We need to get rid if some of these guys in favor of some shooters.  Nothing against Ennis, he just isn’t what we need right now.