Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Eh it would  be great but the PR looks bad. He has basically been perma benched the whole season and was arrested in November. He will get another shot, it won't be from the Magic.

In today’s NBA, if you can’t shoot, you will really struggle to win. Right now the Magic are 28/30 in the league with a 43 FG% and 30/30 in the league with a 31 3PT%. Those numbers are awful.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

In today’s NBA, if you can’t shoot, you will really struggle to win. Right now the Magic are 28/30 in the league with a 43 FG% and 30/30 in the league with a 31 3PT%. Those numbers are awful.

Yeah and seriously there is no easy solution to fix it. I mean we literally locked up not one but two offensively challenged players before the season even started. It's hard to even fathom how stuck the Magic are with this team.

20 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Eh it would  be great but the PR looks bad. He has basically been perma benched the whole season and was arrested in November. He will get another shot, it won't be from the Magic.

Apparently he became mad in CLE locker-room because they gave his old locker to T.Prince... Well, for once our "overly calm" and stable organization could be useful for something.

1351204299754377225If it turns out as you say, it is a shame because he showed good scoring potential, which is something we desperately need, as we can see from the on-going game...

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It also is really hard playing two extremely inexperienced point guards. Anthony and Bone have really struggled this year. I don’t see an easy fix but some of the problems are very obvious.

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I wonder if we’ll put in a bid for Kevin Porter Jr. Cleveland is done with him, so he’ll be super cheap. He’s better than half of the guys we’re playing right now 

Half? Instantly becomes our second best player and prob a reason to watch.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It also is really hard playing two extremely inexperienced point guards. Anthony and Bone have really struggled this year. I don’t see an easy fix but some of the problems are very obvious.

I think at this super early juncture Cole is being outplayed by no less then 3 point guards drafted after him this draft. Maxey,Quickley and Pritchard. Magic gonna Magic. I thought he looked good that first week when he had less pressure. However every red flag expressed before he was drafted is on full display. Can't shoot, can't finish plays out of control. I still think he has a natural flow to his game so i still have high hopes.

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Celtics aren't trading Jalen Brown. 

The window has passed. That's why we have to trade for players who haven't exploded yet. No GM wants to be a sucker

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The window has passed. That's why we have to trade for players who haven't exploded yet. No GM wants to be a sucker

Exactly! Got to get em before they blow up. I bet 3 years ago the Celtics would have loved Vucevic or Gordon. Heck, 2 years ago. They already had Tatum and Kyrie and Smart. Now no matter if they win a title or not Tatum and Brown are staying in Boston. Two way wings are the hardest type of players to get. Brown and Tatum play defense and score. Ainge's biggest mistake was signing Kemba for 34 million a year. Kyrie and Hayward were worth taking a shot at, no harm in trying to make them work. However Kemba is way to much a defensive liability to pay that much money. Throw in his small frame and injury concerns. When you build a team around a small point guard they pretty much have to be Seth Curry or Damien Lilliard level on offense.