Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

I doubt it will happen (barring an injury or trade), but I’d like to see our end of game lineup be 

Fultz 

Cole 

T-Ross

AG

Vuch 

I agree that it won't happen as long as Fournier is available to play, but I wouldn't mind seeing that line-up closing games - maybe with the following for "defensive" purposes in the last couple of minutes if you are doing that offensive/defensive switching:

Fultz

MCW 

T-Ross

AG

Birch

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I agree that it won't happen as long as Fournier is available to play, but I wouldn't mind seeing that line-up closing games - maybe with the following for "defensive" purposes in the last couple of minutes if you are doing that offensive/defensive switching:

Fultz

MCW 

T-Ross

AG

Birch

That would a very good defensive unit. And I think you actually will see this unit on occasion. 

On 12/14/2020 at 1:46 PM, jmmagicfan said:

Despite many mock drafts having him as a late first-rounder, Horton-Tucker fell to us at 46 - I was ecstatic - then we practically gave him away. :-((

I was really surprised too, since he is a 6'4" guard with a 7'1" wingspan; I really felt like he was tailor-made for our front office. 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:19 PM, JJZFL said:

If this guy turns into a star it will make me sick. 

You may want to head for the bathroom and prepare to be sick. 

Stats: 20.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 2.2 spg, 54.7 FG%, 53.8 3P% The Los Angeles Lakers may have found something very special in Talen Horton-Tucker, who was the belle of the ball during preseason action this year. Entering his second professional season, Horton-Tucker just turned 20 years old last month.

https://sports.yahoo.com/talen-horton-tucker-five-other-203043049.html

The same article said some nice things about Cole Anthony as well:

Stats: 13.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.3 spg, 47.6 FG%, 47.1 3P% During his first professional minutes in the NBA, Orlando Magic guard Cole Anthony looked ready to contribute sooner rather than level. The former University of North Carolina player led all rookies in total points (55) and tied LaMelo Ball for the most assists (15) during the preseason. He looked poised and ready for big moments, hitting a game-winner against the Charlotte Hornets.

https://sports.yahoo.com/talen-horton-tucker-five-other-203043049.html

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

What's it going to take to extend JI if Kennard is getting $64M over 4 years?

Good question - it's probably a good benchmark, as I think JI has been the better player when he is available, but his injury-riddled career to date definitely counts against him.