Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

11 hours ago, hootie249 said:

So most likely some vets getting shipped out depending on BPA? IF we get Mobley, Bamba gone? If we Draft Green or Moody either Ross or Harris shipped out? What if we get the other Jalen or Kuminga. Try to keep one of either Wagner or Ignas?

Actually what I was saying is no one of those need to get shipped out. There were 12 players in my original post. Take note than anthony can play at both guard positions.

Then we add two picks applying BPA, and we slowly add to this core without needing to remove anyone from the equation.

bamba / carter jr

isaac / wagner

okeke / hampton / bradzeikis

anthony / ross / harris

fultz / anthony / mcw

So we currently have 10 under contract for next season (11 if we guarantee Bacon on/before August).

Fultz/Anthony

Harris/Hampton/Carter-Williams

Ross

Isaac/Okeke

Carter/Bamba

If we decide to offer veteran-minimum contracts to Brazdeikis and Wagner, that still leaves us three roster spots to fill. Assuming we fill two with our 1st and Chicago's 1st, and don't keep Bacon, we would still have one spot to fill. Do we try to keep Otto Porter, Jr? James Ennis III? Bacon? Both Porter and Ennis have had injury issues this year. Bacon has actually been healthy all year, but he has been Dwayne Bacon! Do we try to bring in a different vet? Do we leave a space open, so we can pick up someone in case of injury? Pesonally, I like Wagner, and I think he has earned a roster spot, playing with energy and shooting as a backup PF/C and even starting some for us. I'm on the fence about Brazdeikis and Ennis. I like Ennis a lot, just concerned about his injury history this year. Did he come back too quickly because we were short-handed and end up re-injuring himself? Will the summer off let him heal properly? I haven't seen enough of Porter or Brazdeikis to really be comfortable with either of them, and Porter will probably get offers for more than we would want to pay him; but who knows how his injury history will affect that? If Porter is healthy and we can keep him somewhere in the $13-16M range, it is probably a good move; but if he isn't?

For our 2-way contracts do we keep Randle? Thornwell? Do we try to bring back Cannady? What about our 2nd-round pick? Could that pick end up being our final roster spot, or one of our 2-way spots? 

I have prepared and posted the Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against the Hornets. . .if anyone is interested. The game starts at 8 pm.

I gave it my best shot while making preparations to fly to my vacation home in Hyattsville MD--where Markelle attended high school.

I have an early flight in the morning, so I won't see much of the game.

I will prepare and post the remaining Game Thread Starters from Maryland.

GO MAGIC!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

So we currently have 10 under contract for next season (11 if we guarantee Bacon on/before August).

Fultz/Anthony

Harris/Hampton/Carter-Williams

Ross

Isaac/Okeke

Carter/Bamba

If we decide to offer veteran-minimum contracts to Brazdeikis and Wagner, that still leaves us three roster spots to fill. Assuming we fill two with our 1st and Chicago's 1st, and don't keep Bacon, we would still have one spot to fill. Do we try to keep Otto Porter, Jr? James Ennis III? Bacon? Both Porter and Ennis have had injury issues this year. Bacon has actually been healthy all year, but he has been Dwayne Bacon! Do we try to bring in a different vet? Do we leave a space open, so we can pick up someone in case of injury? Pesonally, I like Wagner, and I think he has earned a roster spot, playing with energy and shooting as a backup PF/C and even starting some for us. I'm on the fence about Brazdeikis and Ennis. I like Ennis a lot, just concerned about his injury history this year. Did he come back too quickly because we were short-handed and end up re-injuring himself? Will the summer off let him heal properly? I haven't seen enough of Porter or Brazdeikis to really be comfortable with either of them, and Porter will probably get offers for more than we would want to pay him; but who knows how his injury history will affect that? If Porter is healthy and we can keep him somewhere in the $13-16M range, it is probably a good move; but if he isn't?

For our 2-way contracts do we keep Randle? Thornwell? Do we try to bring back Cannady? What about our 2nd-round pick? Could that pick end up being our final roster spot, or one of our 2-way spots? 

I would keep those 10 you mentioned + murray and bradzeikis

no to porter, no to bacon, no to randle

those 12 plus 2 picks plus a filler and we are good to go

25 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I would keep those 10 you mentioned + murray and bradzeikis

no to porter, no to bacon, no to randle

those 12 plus 2 picks plus a filler and we are good to go

I'm not quite sure who you mean by Murray? Did you mean Mo Wagner?

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like Donta Hall is back for the rest of the season 

Where did you see that, and who did they release?

Serious question: If Boston gets bounced early in the playoffs, do they fire Brad Stevens? Do we then target him? 

I am fine with the job Cliff has done, but I’m not sure he’s the *right* coach for a young team. If we have the chance to upgrade there, sign me up.

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Where did you see that, and who did they release?

On the tweeter... the attempted signing of Admiral fell through, so Hall is back instead

Hello, from the famous and well known city of Hyattsville, MD which produced many great NBA Players including Magic star, Sir Markelle Fultz.

I also wanted to say the Game Thread Starter went up really fast. I missed my opportunity to post my famous theme song: "Moving On  Up To The Deluxe Pin In The Sky"!   Hahaha!

Thanks, All Eyes On Me. I guess it was you who did me the honor of 'moving it up'!

I also want to say I believe we might win this game tonight because the teams are evenly matched. Sorry tankers! :)