Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Sounds like Cliff tested positive for Covid

Woj tweeted that if he tests negative before tip-off he may coach tomorrow. Here’s to hoping he stays well, even if he’s not back immediately. 

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ty Corbin will coach the team tonight.  

Interesting, didn't realize he was on the staff.

One of The Ringer podcasts I like to listen to has Rajah Bell on it.  Corbin tends to come up fairly regularly WRT his time as the head coach of the Jazz back in the day, and certainly not in a positive light.  Hopefully he's grown as a coach and as a man since then.  

Hoping the Magic now do this: 

Sign Cannady to a fully guaranteed vet min deal that runs through the end of next year. At that point we can just immediately waive him and it won't matter because he'll get his money and he can still rehab with us for as long as he needs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hoping the Magic now do this: 

Sign Cannady to a fully guaranteed vet min deal that runs through the end of next year. At that point we can just immediately waive him and it won't matter because he'll get his money and he can still rehab with us for as long as he needs. 

I’m curious what kind of injury insurance a player has for this kind of scenario.

This is regarding a former Magic player, but I just read Dipo may have to fight Nunn for minutes if/when he returns from injury. I believe Dipo made a huge mistake turning down that big extension from Houston. He’s injury prone and inefficient these days, and I think he’ll have trouble getting big money this summer.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

This is regarding a former Magic player, but I just read Dipo may have to fight Nunn for minutes if/when he returns from injury. I believe Dipo made a huge mistake turning down that big extension from Houston. He’s injury prone and inefficient these days, and I think he’ll have trouble getting big money this summer.

Oladipo vs Gary Harris

Here is a side by side comparison of the two players career.  Pay attention to the per 36 and per 100 because they both missed a ton of time the last 3 years. No doubt Victor is the better player, however the numbers show Harris is the better shooter. I feel bad for Oladipo because his 17-18 season was a monster, including improving his numbers in the post season. Same with Harris, he has two very good shooting seasons. 

However with both players it seems like those good seasons are the outlier. Harris is 2 years younger, he is a different player, he's a shooter who can't shoot. Oladipo relies on his athleticism. He gets to the line,gets more rebounds,assists,steals and takes way more shots.If he is healthy he is worth the money, i hope he can play in the playoffs this year. I really want to see what the heat can do.

Ugh i decided to watch the Injury video. Poor guy, like others have said that's tough to come back from. God speed Cannady.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/26/22403238/nba-power-rankings-clippers-nets-jazz

Rankings around the media are appearing with us dead last. Time to start talking about the playoff teams. It's less depressing. Anyone have alternate team? I used to be a big Suns fan and i guess i can finally root for them in the playoffs. Also i can't root for the Heat but i really want to see Dipo play a few games healthy. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Ugh i decided to watch the Injury video. Poor guy, like others have said that's tough to come back from. God speed Cannady.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/26/22403238/nba-power-rankings-clippers-nets-jazz

Rankings around the media are appearing with us dead last. Time to start talking about the playoff teams. It's less depressing. Anyone have alternate team? I used to be a big Suns fan and i guess i can finally root for them in the playoffs. Also i can't root for the Heat but i really want to see Dipo play a few games healthy. 

The odd thing was, there wasn’t even much contact, apparently just enough to get him off balance, and he must have landed in the worst possible way that put maximum pressure on the bone for it to snap like that.  We’ve all seen similar plays in NBA games countless times where no injury occurs.  What terrible luck for a guy fighting to make a place for himself in the NBA.  

All the best to him for a strong recovery. I would imagine he’s already had surgery.  Big risk now is infection if the bone protruded through the skin, but of course they know that and will try to prevent it.  

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Golden State Warriors. I know, they are currently ranked 10th in the western conference with 3 other teams standing in their way:  I wish that GS make it to the first round--probably won't see them go any further.

7th - Portland  32-28   (Lost the last 5 games)

8th - Memphis  31-28

9th - San Antonio  30-29

10th - Golden St.  31-30