Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

So I guess we're hoping to give Cannady a 2 way contract once we've waived Mane?

Surely otherwise we are stupid

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Very surprised it's Mane. Spent all year developing him for literally no reason. I guess with us acquiring RJ we already have one young, long, athletic guard who can't shoot. 

I'm not sure about his stats in Denver, but his shot looks pretty smooth to me.

5 hours ago, HeartAndHustle said:

I'm not sure about his stats in Denver, but his shot looks pretty smooth to me.

Likewise 

I know that 5 1/2 of the last 6 have been rough (excluding the first half of the game against the Nuggets) but for those of you desperate for wins, or at the very least competitive basketball, it’s your time to shine over the next 3, Bulls, Raptors, Rockets. I think we get at least one. Enjoy em though, there’s probably only 3 winnable games left the rest of the way after this stretch

39 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I know that 5 1/2 of the last 6 have been rough (excluding the first half of the game against the Nuggets) but for those of you desperate for wins, or at the very least competitive basketball, it’s your time to shine over the next 3, Bulls, Raptors, Rockets. I think we get at least one. Enjoy em though, there’s probably only 3 winnable games left the rest of the way after this stretch

Yeah. I just found this. . .Both Van Vleet and Lowry did not play tonight due to injuries.

Toronto's Fred Van Vleet Injury Update

Without return timetable
April 13, 2021
VanVleet (hip) is without a timetable to return to game action, Josh Lewenberg of TSN reports.
ANALYSIS
Coach Nick Nurse didn't offer up many details, but when asked about VanVleet's timetable he said, "It's not great news." That would seem to imply that the guard, who will miss his sixth straight contest Tuesday night, could be set to miss several more games as the Raptors fight for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. For now, it's probably safe to rule out VanVleet for the remainder of Week 17. Once he's eventually cleared to play, he'll still have to serve a one-game suspension for his role in last week's incident during the Raptors' matchup against the Lakers.

Kyle Lowry Injury Update

Regardless of the report below, Lowry has missed games due to a foot injury. He is listed as "out".

Won't play Tuesday
April 13, 2021
Lowry (rest) will not play Tuesday against the Hawks, Mike Ganter of the Toronto Sun reports.
ANALYSIS
Lowry will be rested in the first end of the back-to-back, which should open up more playing time for Malachi Flynn and DeAndre' Bembry. Expect the veteran guard to be able to return for Wednesday's game against the Spurs.

Link:  https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/nba-lineups.php

NOTE:

The Magic plays the Raptors Friday, April 16.

Lu Dort, who apparently can barely shoot... 42 points. Only T-Ross has scored over 40 among our roster and that was years ago. It would be nice to have these sorts of occurrences amongst our guys ... past or present.

15 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Lu Dort, who apparently can barely shoot... 42 points. Only T-Ross has scored over 40 among our roster and that was years ago. It would be nice to have these sorts of occurrences amongst our guys ... past or present.

When did Ross scored over 40 for us? I have his career high with the Magic with 35

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

When did Ross scored over 40 for us? I have his career high with the Magic with 35

For the Raptors he meant

• Upvote 1

Yeah I only mentioned it because of the dearth of seasons with us for anyone on the roster. And I know that the whingeing comment made was stupid whingeing too.

I'm under no impression that any of the people on the roster presently are firm locks to be part of our *next great* team. I would ship off anyone in the pursuit of our next T-Mac, Dwight, Shaq, Penny..

Just pleasant surprises like what happened there happen for us in much much smaller amounts.

I am also kicking myself in going back to finding that I was wrong about the recent past too. I had only expected Vuc to hit 40+ in the past 5 years but noticed I'd entirely forgotten that around 2017/2018 AG had multiple maybe even half a dozen (?) 40+ games before Vuc cemented himself as our common leading scorer. Makes me question everything outside of AG's baffling inconsistency. Is there still a guy in there capable of going off like that multiple times a year? And if not I can't understand why he's spent so many possessions in the last 3 years taking ill-advised shots.. was he just trying to get that mojo back ... oh whatever.

Sorry folks.