Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

I have prepared and posted a Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against the Pacers. . . if interested. The game starts at 7:00 pm.

I know it's the weekend, so most of the usual participants probably won't watch the game because you are out chillin.  90D214.jpg

Saw tonight’s stat line. 

Any reason why Okeke is only shooting 5 shots in a game? I’m finding it hard to believe when he’s our best potential offensive star. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Saw tonight’s stat line. 

Any reason why Okeke is only shooting 5 shots in a game? I’m finding it hard to believe when he’s our best potential offensive star. 

Because there were some selfish players who were not distributing the ball. There was too much iso, with Mr. "Hero Baller" Ross leading the way.

There was not enough ball movement, and they were throwing up ill-advised/desperation shots instead of passing the ball to find the open man.

I saw at least  2 players run down the court after a defensive rebound, didn't wait for his teammates to get in position and threw up a shot beyond the 3 pt. line. . .missing, of course. This was how the Pacers were getting easy rebounds.

That's my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm beginning to believe that Wendell Carter, Jr. is not ready to be a starting center. He played his best when he came off the bench.

He was over powered by the Pacers' centers, and he looked frustrated.

38 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Because there were some selfish players who were not distributing the ball. There was too much iso, with Mr. "Hero Baller" Ross leading the way.

There was not enough ball movement, and they were throwing up ill-advised/desperation shots instead of passing the ball to find the open man.

I saw at least  2 players run down the court after a defensive rebound, didn't wait for his teammates to get in position and threw up a shot beyond the 3 pt. line. . .missing, of course. This was how the Pacers were getting easy rebounds.

That's my 2 cents. 

this isnt the issue. Ross played alot of his minutes not with okeke. Its more bacon and MCW that hog the ball and he gives it up to them.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I don't agree with the Ross hating. You're missing the point, i think. There was a lot of stuff going poorly last night and he at least put some pepper at the end...

You can't win a ball game moving the ball like the Magic did, it's just that

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

That's my 2 cents. 

Same old Magic no matter who is on the team. To me this has been and i guess continues to be the Magic's real problem. It's ok right now, i want us to lose, but we need a real leader on this team next year.   

Had to Edit. Also wanted to point out i have watched Gordon's highlights the last two weeks, he does look good in Denver, lot's of cutting and dunking.

HOWEVER, last few games i looked at the stat lines, he's the same old player. 

Last night Aaron Gordon in a win; 5-11 from the field, 1-4 from 3.  1 freaking rebound, one! No steals, 2 assists, 1 turnover, 1 block. 11 points in 31 minutes. He is only getting talked about because the team wins. The last 3 stat lines i looked at he was the same old Gordon with less shots put up and less turnovers because Murray and Jokic do all the ball handling. 

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm beginning to believe that Wendell Carter, Jr. is not ready to be a starting center. He played his best when he came off the bench.

He was over powered by the Pacers' centers, and he looked frustrated.

Sabonis shot 3-12 from the field. He did fine. 

• Upvote 1

interesting. If this is true and the Donte Hall news is also true it means there’s another waive/buyout coming. Only candidates I can realistically think of are Otto or Bacon. I guess MCW and Ennis are possibilities but seem more like long shots

Edit: could also be Mane or Randle

11 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

That's my 2 cents. 

10 hours ago, Natesroom said:

this isnt the issue. Ross played alot of his minutes not with okeke. Its more bacon and MCW that hog the ball and he gives it up to them.

I get your pointing out that Ross was not in the game when Okeke was on the court.

I know the question was why Okeke did'nt get more shots.

My explanation was more or less a blanket/reason as to why a lot of things went wrong.