Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Want to point out something as we play the Wizards tonight. Bradley Beal was leading the league in scoring earlier this year. Russell Westbrook is a HOF player who plays tons of games and still amazes. It is all about team chemistry. We never had it with the Magic's big 3. Gordon,Fournier and Vucevic. Chemistry is important. Fit is important. Michael Jordon didn't do **** until he had Scottie and  Phil. Our players never fit together. We have needed a point guard who plays the majority of games and excels for 12 years! I think we finally have a chance to put together a team, that fits! At the least, we can find out who we have. I'm ok with the monetary commitment to Isaac and Fultz. They are cheap, figure the rest out!

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Want to point out something as we play the Wizards tonight. Bradley Beal was leading the league in scoring earlier this year. Russell Westbrook is a HOF player who plays tons of games and still amazes. It is all about team chemistry. We never had it with the Magic's big 3. Gordon,Fournier and Vucevic. Chemistry is important. Fit is important. Michael Jordon didn't do **** until he had Scottie and  Phil. Our players never fit together. We have needed a point guard who plays the majority of games and excels for 12 years! I think we finally have a chance to put together a team, that fits! At the least, we can find out who we have. I'm ok with the monetary commitment to Isaac and Fultz. They are cheap, figure the rest out!

Everything should seem cheap in a world where Luka Doncic (and I really love the guy) is earning $40m a year before the age of 25

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Good for Khem and Us!!

Embrace the young guys

Really surprised we couldn’t trade him and get something back, even a second rounder. Appreciate the hustle, Khem! Good luck at the next stop 

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really surprised we couldn’t trade him and get something back, even a second rounder. Appreciate the hustle, Khem! Good luck at the next stop 

Yeah a 2nd but to be honest it is what it is. Khem now gets to go play back in his home country once the Raps go back to playing in Canada 

Should be noted that Khem Birch's agent has a bunch of NBA clients including Chuma Okeke, Gary Harris and Dwayne Bacon so it benefits us to keep a good relationship with him. 

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I dont want us picking up anybody. 

Worse ways Robert Franks thats it

It doesn't make any sense to not pick anybody up.

It's a risk free look at a guy until the end of the season. I doubt whoever it is will play much at all but they'll be around the team and in practices and the coaches will get a feel for whether it's worth keeping them around next season.