Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

TBF that looks about right. Clifford loves him some Bacon though.

Yeah, my biggest fears are Bacon over Hampton and Birch getting the backup 5 minutes over Bamba while Otto and Chuma split up the 4 minutes.

I’m also excited about adding a guy like G$ to the locker room full of kids. He’s from all accounts a great vet and he’s only like 26

58 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, my biggest fears are Bacon over Hampton and Birch getting the backup 5 minutes over Bamba while Otto and Chuma split up the 4 minutes.

I’m also excited about adding a guy like G$ to the locker room full of kids. He’s from all accounts a great vet and he’s only like 26

There's still a player in there when you talk about Gary Harris, he's still an all nba level defender. Just need to see if he can stay fit and regain that 3 point shot. But yes, Denver fans were sad to see him go even though his form has dropped over the past few years, high character guy. He might never be what he was offensively but if he does get it back then it's a useful contract to have.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really curious to see how Clifford runs the rotation with vets vs development... needless to say, I don’t trust him to play the right guys. Depth chart when Cole gets back should be:

Cole/MCW

Ross/RJ

Porter/Ennis

Okeke/Birch

Carter/Bamba 

With Harris sitting out to get healthy and Bacon, Randle, Mane as your injury depth

I think Ennis and Birch start. I want to see Carter and Bamba but I’m keeping it real.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Ennis and Birch start. I want to see Carter and Bamba but I’m keeping it real.

I think Ennis and Birch probably start as well, and I also have an outside fear of Otto starting at the 4 and Clifford running an all vet starting 5:

MCW/Ross/Ennis/Otto/Birch

I think the Ross super 6th man mandate is gone, and hopefully we made all these moves under the understanding the kids need to play, but I don’t buy it.

Yeah, I'm kind of under the impression Bamba is stuck wherever but if Chuma hits the bench and Carter and Hampton get limited minutes that's got to mean Cliff doesn't get it entirely. I've sort of given him a pass personally but yeah doing that just to run Porter, Ross, Ennis, Bacon and Birch... why freaking bother.

I love Birch and MCW and they may have a spot going forward BUT I do not want to see them for the rest of the year. Ennis, Bacon and Randle I don’t wanna see ever again. We all know what’s gonna happen but. Just wish we could of sacked cliff yesterday. 

7 hours ago, harley said:

I love Birch and MCW and they may have a spot going forward BUT I do not want to see them for the rest of the year. Ennis, Bacon and Randle I don’t wanna see ever again. We all know what’s gonna happen but. Just wish we could of sacked cliff yesterday. 

Have we not learned from our last rebuild that just throwing out a bunch of young guys with no vets and no structure doesn't do anybody any good? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Have we not learned from our last rebuild that just throwing out a bunch of young guys with no vets and no structure doesn't do anybody any good? 

No mate...for several years we have been winning extra games by playing vets and getting 4th, 5th, 6th picks in the draft and missing on great talent...

I want a top 3 pick...at least better chances for it...let’s play rookies and young players only...plus they will get valuable experience...there is no point to play Birch at all, we have two young centres/PFs and we must understand what is their ceiling...Ross should get as much rest as possible...

• Upvote 1

I'm sure we can get a better mix of minutes, and also those vets are not exactly the ones that will show the young guys the way to the success..

I can get that it'll take a little time, to adjust and have all the new guys on the same line... but I also fear that even in a couple of weeks, we'll see a similar minutes management.

Also, the lack of PG will not help that development.