Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

He's gone people. We haven't lost leverage, he has one year left on his contract, so we could trade him in the summer. Obviously i hope management is smart and deals him in the next 4 days. The most important thing is he is healthy and his shot looks great this year.

Many of the teams that want him from us have already used up draft capitol. That's why i hope management uses those teams to increase the offer from teams that still have draft capitol. Also do not discount a sleeper team who could easily resign Gordon after next year. A team like OKC seems like a logical place for Gordon to start over. Toronto could make a play. Boston,Portland,Nets,Bucks need him but i would feel sketchy about the return. Teams like San Antonio and Philly could give us a great return but would they pull the trigger? 

The Rockets rumor better involve another team. None of their players interest me and their pick situation is very convoluted. Not sure what they are trying to do. 

3 minutes ago, New Guy said:

They better be rockets picks and not nets picks lol. 

Also we have no need for DJ or Oladipo back for a variety of reasons. If Dipo was already signed for cheap maybe. But players somehow always get paid and he is not worth what he is going to make. 

Surprised no one is bringing up trying to trade for Norman Powell.  He's having a career year in Toronto and shooting 44% from 3.  I'm always leery when someone has a career year in their contract year though (he's expected to decline his player option).  He might appreciate the chance to be our number one option.

Houston Rockets players were under the impression a few days ago that a trade for Gordon was close to being finalized and a last-minute hiccup killed the deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Gordon has no desire to be traded to a team in a rebuild and is only interested in joining a team that has the potential to make a playoff run, sources said.

One key party with knowledge of the talks disputed that it nearly reached the point of completion. It would have likely involved Victor Oladipo. However, any team that seeks a trade for the Orlando Magic versatile forward would prefer to have some assurances that Gordon would agree to an extension, sources said.

This could decrease the trade options for Orlando. Gordon, 25, is set to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2022.

Talks have diminished between Orlando and the Portland Trail Blazers, a source said. The Denver Nuggets are still interested, but there isn't desperation to make a move, sources said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hoopla-with-haynes-aaron-gordon-wont-be-traded-to-rockets-kings-make-marvin-bagley-iii-available-171248310.html

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'll be sad to see AG go he's been one of my favourite Magic players but I can't fault him for wanting to win basketball games at this stage of his career if he wants to leave. Hopefully we can get back some good stuff for him. 

If that happens I will really be sad, and gutted... it's not his fault obviously, but it's the team fault if we were unable to make him happy and flourish with us. He could be a great fit in a lot of teams.

Also, if we get an expiring back, I hope it's not for resigning Fournier later, that would be too much for me...

Laughable that AG thinks he's a good enough player to dictate where he goes. Hope the FO actually does something competent and gets some lottery picks for him somehow. He probably gets traded to the Warriors don't think there's any way the FO will trade him to Celtics so you may get your trade wish Soul Bro.