Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If you believe rumours half the league are interested in trading for AG and yet guys on podcasts be like 'yea I don't think his value is that high right now'. 

Of course that’s what they’ll say publicly if they’re interested in trying to get him.  

13 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I disagree. I think we’ll trade him, but I think it’s gonna get back good value. A third of the teams in the league are I n the running for him

What would you see as good value for him?

32 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

What would you see as good value for him?

Josh Robbins has a piece in The Athletic today with a Houston beat writer discussing Houston's interest in AG and both deals they propose have us getting 2 first round picks back. 

3 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

AG has officially requested a trade

Where are you seeing this? Checked Josh Robbins, Shams and Woj and couldn't see anything. 

EDIT: I found it on The Athletic. 

EDIT#2: Not 100% convinced that's legit. The article is about how the Celtics want him and the Celtics beat writer has the scoop that he's requested a trade? I mean maybe if he really wants to play in Boston his agent might do that but could also be shenanigans.

5 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

AG has officially requested a trade

That’s unfortunate... Another Magic killer in the making, he’s about to become an Allstar once he leaves this team and gets used properly. 

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Where are you seeing this? Checked Josh Robbins, Shams and Woj and couldn't see anything. 

EDIT: I found it on The Athletic. 

EDIT#2: Not 100% convinced that's legit. The article is about how the Celtics want him and the Celtics beat writer has the scoop that he's requested a trade? I mean maybe if he really wants to play in Boston his agent might do that but could also be shenanigans.

I'll be sad to see AG go he's been one of my favourite Magic players but I can't fault him for wanting to win basketball games at this stage of his career if he wants to leave. Hopefully we can get back some good stuff for him. 

IMO, this is mainly a consequence of our FO's behavior... Looking happy to be an 8th-seed at the most, never getting active in making clear roster upgrades. Their only clear strategy in the past years has been "let's wait one more year to see how it goes".

Seeing a player like AG going is always bad but his future should have been "decided" and actions taken accordingly: either really let him go and take whatever was the best return (mention to rumors about HOU interest) or trade other players to improve the roster, either now or in the near future... But as usual, our FO just dig their head in the sand and looked like it was nothing to do with them... Now, our leverage on dealing with other teams has taken a real hit...

I really hope this trade demand is an eye-opener for our FO. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JayMac said:

IMO, this is mainly a consequence of our FO's behavior... Looking happy to be an 8th-seed at the most, never getting active in making clear roster upgrades. Their only clear strategy in the past years has been "let's wait one more year to see how it goes".

Seeing a player like AG going is always bad but his future should have been "decided" and actions taken accordingly: either really let him go and take whatever was the best return (mention to rumors about HOU interest) or trade other players to improve the roster, either now or in the near future... But as usual, our FO just dig their head in the sand and looked like it was nothing to do with them... Now, our leverage on dealing with other teams has taken a real hit...

I really hope this trade demand is an eye-opener for our FO. 

I can't see how this changes things for us. Teams can act like we have less leverage but they're still not bidding against themselves because like 10 teams are reportedly interested in him. 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I can't see how this changes things for us. Teams can act like we have less leverage but they're still not bidding against themselves because like 10 teams are reportedly interested in him. 

And he’s still under contract with us so it isn’t like we are forced to make a bad trade. Either way it sucks it has come down to this and I hope this gets Weltham fired eventually.