Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I have prepared a game thread for today's game against the Celtics, March 21st. . .if interested. Game time is 3:30 pm.

Pinning it now, see y’all in there!

22 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

An interesting what if is: we trade Ross and take back no long term salary which enables us to resign Fournier. It's not something I'm particularly excited about but I think if we want to be a playoff team next season it might make sense. 

Spurs need 3 point shooting and a center. I suggest trading Birch and Ross to them and getting back either Walker or Vassell plus filler. Spurs are right in the thick of the western race and have tons of expiring contracts. 

https://tradenba.com/trades/qvRnVcZpb

This was my first thought, but they love Mills and probably wouldn't trade him. Murray and White are signed long term but neither can hit the 3 this season so i would bet they want Mills around for the playoffs. Walker has been getting a ton of minutes the last 10 games and has played well. Popovich loves veterans. Trade also works with Gay and Vassell, but again Spurs lose another guy who can hit the 3 and is a quality vet. Really the best thing the Magic could do would be to take on that huge expiring contract of LaMarcus Aldrige. The question is how to make that work out in our favor?

I think the truth is they would be interested in Ross and Birch, but would probably want AG. 

Something like this plus picks. 

https://tradenba.com/trades/UoVj6vxP_

Solves our money issues and gives us a shooting guard of the future.

Really sounds like the market around AG right now is competitive and on fire... I’ve fully mentally prepared myself for him to be wearing a different jersey come Friday.. :-/

1 hour ago, MagicMoses said:

We are going to give Gordon away for peanuts like we did Tobias Harris. I can feel it

I disagree. I think we’ll trade him, but I think it’s gonna get back good value. A third of the teams in the league are I n the running for him

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

If we give away Gordon for 25 games of Oladipo, i'll just kill myself. 

Weltman pls put your **** toghether ONCE

The trade rumors i keep reading about us are terrible. And these are from the legit reporters. Lot's of injuries this year, now LaMelo is out for the year. The kid looked legit, i was totally wrong about him. So many injuries, makes teams desperate, hope we make a trade.

7 hours ago, Phil4Real said:

If we give away Gordon for 25 games of Oladipo, i'll just kill myself. 

Weltman pls put your **** toghether ONCE

The thing you quoted clearly states we don't want Oladipo and would want to move him to a third team.

10 hours ago, MagicMoses said:

We are going to give Gordon away for peanuts like we did Tobias Harris. I can feel it

This is basically the only thing I have complete faith won't happen. Our FO has been incredibly steadfast in not blowing things up just for the sake of it and thus getting less than ideal value for guys. 

They could have moved Gordon for peanuts at any point in the past 3 years and didn't and he's not an expiring contract so there's no urgency to move him right now unless the deal is a great one. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

The trade rumors i keep reading about us are terrible. And these are from the legit reporters. Lot's of injuries this year, now LaMelo is out for the year. The kid looked legit, i was totally wrong about him. So many injuries, makes teams desperate, hope we make a trade.

The rumours aren't from our side. And more than half of them will be complete nonsense. 

If you believe rumours half the league are interested in trading for AG and yet guys on podcasts be like 'yea I don't think his value is that high right now'.