Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

8 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I don't think Clifford is an offensive  coach, however when we were totally healthy that one year his plays created open shots. The selfish play your all talking about is mostly due to talent and not having an alpha scorer on the roster or much in the way of real point guard play. Think about the whole rebuild except in Dj's one healthy career year. We either had some sub par, always hurt, bench worthy vet leading the team or an extremely green rookie or near rookie point guard. Evan through most of his time here was the second best ball handler on the team, outside of Vucevic on set plays. Vooch had the ball so many minutes because of necessity, not skill, he ain't Jokic.

I understand but I think the whole team would look better with more unselfish play.  

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

But Clifford has not been doing that on the offensive end.  He’s not held players responsible when they hog the ball, over dribble, take difficulty shots instead of giving it to someone else, and fail to find open teammates.  It’s been a consistent problem, unfortunately.  The injuries and so on should not have any bearing on whether the players available play as a team on offense.  

I agree on that. Cliff has installed good habits like the ones CTMagic previously described, but at the same time he also accepted bad ones on other details. That's not enough for me. I know it's not going to happen, but his role is (top paid) defensive coach.

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So Mobley this time?

Well I was thinking more #1 pick and Cade but you could also go the "dominant big man" angle for Mobley.

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Well I was thinking more #1 pick and Cade but you could also go the "dominant big man" angle for Mobley.

I would take Cade with #1 but if we get #2 you have to go with Mobley!

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would take Cade with #1 but if we get #2 you have to go with Mobley!

I’m not sure you do - there are decent arguments for either Suggs or Green to be taken #2. Personally I think I would go for Green, and grab Giddey with the Chicago pick.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’m not sure you do - there are decent arguments for either Suggs or Green to be taken #2. Personally I think I would go for Green, and grab Giddey with the Chicago pick.

Yeah my preference is Cade, Green, Suggs, Mobley in that order. I think Suggs or Mobley would feel like a consolation prize for me personally.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yeah my preference is Cade, Green, Suggs, Mobley in that order. I think Suggs or Mobley would feel like a consolation prize for me personally.

I agree!!! Need me some Cade or Green