Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The comment you quoted addressed the 'bench them' point. (You just left it out)

I'm almost certain Bacon wouldn't be playing nearly as much if this season had been healthy and we were still trying to win so I'm not sure it can be called a 'repeated offense'.

Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't mean to cut that part to make it look like you don't address that, my intention was only to point out that the solution is simple... and that good habits need to be installed in every player of the roster, without exceptions.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't mean to cut that part to make it look like you don't address that, my intention was only to point out that the solution is simple... and that good habits need to be installed in every player of the roster, without exceptions.

No worries. And I agree with that last point. And I think Clifford is the right coach to do that. His team's have consistently been low turnover, low fouling, solid defensive teams but this year has just been a train wreck in every possible way and I'm not sure we can hold that against any one person in particular.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

With Philly clinching, I hope they don’t throw out scrubs in the last game.

They are almost certainly going to. Expect to see a big helping of Gary Clark. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

They are almost certainly going to. Expect to see a big helping of Gary Clark. 

Oh the irony playing the last game of the season against Clark.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Oh the irony playing the last game of the season against Clark.

I hope he has the best game of his career. Otherwise there's going to be some extra irony if he's terrible and it means we get a worse draft pick lol.

Dwight served his one game suspension, he will obviously play Sunday but for how long? He is the only real center on the team besides Embiid. 

Sixers players i do not expect to get any minutes; Embiid,Simmons,Tobias and Green. It's possible one of these guys start but get ten minutes or less, but i doubt it. 

Thybulle is out with a real injury. Shake Milton is a good back-up and one of the few ball handlers they have outside the starting 5. Doubt he gets many minutes. 

This mostly leaves it up to the Sixers horrible bench frontcourt and Maxey,Korkmaz and Hill. 

I don't think WCJ and Bacon can go back to back 0-15. We better see plenty of  Thornwell,Hall and Randle. 

41 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We have to play Mo at PG for the entire game if that's what it takes.

Ridiculous 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

No worries. And I agree with that last point. And I think Clifford is the right coach to do that. His team's have consistently been low turnover, low fouling, solid defensive teams but this year has just been a train wreck in every possible way and I'm not sure we can hold that against any one person in particular.

But Clifford has not been doing that on the offensive end.  He’s not held players responsible when they hog the ball, over dribble, take difficulty shots instead of giving it to someone else, and fail to find open teammates.  It’s been a consistent problem, unfortunately.  The injuries and so on should not have any bearing on whether the players available play as a team on offense.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

But Clifford has not been doing that on the offensive end.  He’s not held players responsible when they hog the ball, over dribble, take difficulty shots instead of giving it to someone else, and fail to find open teammates.  It’s been a consistent problem, unfortunately.  The injuries and so on should not have any bearing on whether the players available play as a team on offense.  

I don't think Clifford is an offensive  coach, however when we were totally healthy that one year his plays created open shots. The selfish play your all talking about is mostly due to talent and not having an alpha scorer on the roster or much in the way of real point guard play. Think about the whole rebuild except in Dj's one healthy career year. We either had some sub par, always hurt, bench worthy vet leading the team or an extremely green rookie or near rookie point guard. Evan through most of his time here was the second best ball handler on the team, outside of Vucevic on set plays. Vooch had the ball so many minutes because of necessity, not skill, he ain't Jokic.