Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I know it would sow discord with only two games left, but I wish we could just move on from Bacon. He’s very hard to keep watching for me.

I want to keep him on the roster next season personally. As a end of bench piece

11 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I want to keep him on the roster next season personally. As a end of bench piece

Jay, take it back! Get ahold of yourself!

• Like 1

Just now, The Neighborhood Bully said:

so his offensive rating of 53 last night didn't impress you?

Watching the Atlanta feed, Dominique couldn’t believe how bad his play was last night. 

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Jay, take it back! Get ahold of yourself!

Im talking 14th. 15th man. Maybe i need more sleep hahaha. I wonder if the front office does keep him. Gonna be interesting 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I know it would sow discord with only two games left, but I wish we could just move on from Bacon. He’s very hard to keep watching for me.

Agree.  It’s not so much that he has cold nights where he misses shots.  That’s true for everyone.  It’s that his generally selfish play makes the other four players on the court worse.  

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

if you look in the dictionary under "Black Hole" his picture will be there.

Yeah, not a fan of Bacon, unless it is on my plate with some breakfast. Not sure I even want him as an end of the bench guy, as I don't want other, younger players emulating his "black hole" style of play. 

• Upvote 1

I'm in agreement that I don't want Bacon brought back. I think he's got individual talent and there's a chance he dominates overseas if he goes that route but I don't think his style of play is conducive at all to winning basketball in the NBA (certainly not at his talent level anyway). 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm in agreement that I don't want Bacon brought back. I think he's got individual talent and there's a chance he dominates overseas if he goes that route but I don't think his style of play is conducive at all to winning basketball in the NBA (certainly not at his talent level anyway). 

I would be concerned that his style reflects on his coaching, which has primarily been Clifford in the NBA. We have seen a lot of one-on-one/two/three from a number of our players over the last few years; and I am not sure how much is the players, how much was a result of the "revolving door" at the coaching level, and how much blame to place at the current coaching staff's feet. TRoss is a good example of this, as I remember him being a better defender and team-player when he first got here, but now plays a much more offense-only, me-ball type of game. I know part of that has been the abilities (or lack thereof) of the second units that he has been playing with, but I'm just not sure how much of it. I would be lying if I said it isn't a concern, and yet, I'm not sure that another head coaching change would be a positive. Maybe a more offense-oriented assistant would be sufficient? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I would be concerned that his style reflects on his coaching, which has primarily been Clifford in the NBA. We have seen a lot of one-on-one/two/three from a number of our players over the last few years; and I am not sure how much is the players, how much was a result of the "revolving door" at the coaching level, and how much blame to place at the current coaching staff's feet. TRoss is a good example of this, as I remember him being a better defender and team-player when he first got here, but now plays a much more offense-only, me-ball type of game. I know part of that has been the abilities (or lack thereof) of the second units that he has been playing with, but I'm just not sure how much of it. I would be lying if I said it isn't a concern, and yet, I'm not sure that another head coaching change would be a positive. Maybe a more offense-oriented assistant would be sufficient? 

All the coach can do is scheme. He can't make decisions for the players when they're out there and most of the decisions are instinctual. Coaches can point out bad decisions after the fact but how much more besides that can they do? It's up to the player to take that on board and be better. (Obviously he can not play them but oftentimes that isnt a real option for someone like your TRoss example because if you're trying to win and T Ross is basically your only good bench scorer you need him even with all his flaws)

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Watching the Atlanta feed, Dominique couldn’t believe how bad his play was last night. 

The young guys are playing hard and trying to win. Someone has to be the tank commander!