Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve been impressed by Mo Wagner. I hope we bring him back next year.

Definitely. Especially if his 3 point percentage holds at where it's been with us. He might really work out. When I've seen him he's played ok defense too. Only thing that's a problem is his shooting from the field is way down which you can kind of rationalize considering his 3PA are way up and he's not sharing the floor with a creator like he has previously.

I'm a big believer that you can still have a good (regular season) offense without a mega creator if you have as many high feel, pass/dribble/shoot guys on the court at once as possible. While I wouldn't say Wagner has insanely high feel or anything he's certainly not a negative and he can functionally pass, dribble and shoot for a big man. That plus, at least when I've seen him, playing not bad defense. I think that's definitely worth keeping around. To be honest I'd be tempted to go more than a 1 year deal.

EDIT: I am slightly concerned his rebounding % is down from his previous stops and we're already a pretty bad rebounding team. I wonder if that needs to be an area of emphasis for Cliff and his staff now we don't have Vuc to rely on. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah vooch 2.0. No thanks

Wagner has already played tough enough defense to get under more opposing player's skins in 8 games than Vuc did in 8-2/3 seasons. Don't get me wrong, Vuc had his strengths (offense, mostly), but getting under someone's skin on the defensive side was NOT one of them. Completely different players. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah vooch 2.0. No thanks

Yea haha All Stars who needs em am I right?

(Also he's nothing like Vuc apart from they're both white European big men)

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea haha All Stars who needs em am I right?

(Also he's nothing like Vuc apart from they're both white European big men)

I agree with all who are in the Mo Wagner camp. I fell in love with him after the 1st 2 games.

I also agree with those who say he is different than Vuc. I love this young man's toughness, and as someone else said, he has the ability to get under an opponent's skin.

Vuc was soft for the majority of the time he was with the Magic. Wagner has this big body and is constantly moving around, using his body to prevent the other team from doing whatever they wanted to do--just getting in their way.  While Vuc act like he was afraid he would break a fingernail.  

We could really use a Heat win over Philly when they play tonight. That'd mean Philly actually has to win 1 of our games against them to clinch the 1 seed. That last game of the season they'll almost certainly be resting guys though.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We could really use a Heat win over Philly when they play tonight. That'd mean Philly actually has to win 1 of our games against them to clinch the 1 seed. That last game of the season they'll almost certainly be resting guys though.

In Heat news, Oladipo is out for the season officially now. Surgery on the right quadricep tendon. Same one from 2019 injury. I feel for the guy, he has  had a tough run. Glad we dodged his injuries the last 3 years. This might help the Heat sign him for cheap, but how can you sign a guy this injury prone? They traded for him to get his bird rights, so my guess Heat sign him to a 1 year deal in the offseason. Anyhow on to the Hawks game.

I have prepared and posted the Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against the Hawks. . .if anyone is interested. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. est.

I know, I know. . .        wpocBp.gif

• Upvote 1

I know it would sow discord with only two games left, but I wish we could just move on from Bacon. He’s very hard to keep watching for me.