Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

18 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm very excited about RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony. We can build something meaningful with these players. Y'all already know I stan Isaac

I love me some Jon Issac. He's KG with a mohawk!!! 

Great flashes from RJ and Cole and Chuma so far. 

Let WCJr and Mo battle it out in training camp. The guy that stays healthy win the starting job. Fultz was a feel good story, but Cole and RJ's play has me feeling like he could be the odd man out and we probably won't miss him. 

11 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I only caught a little bit of clips from Wolves game, but was that Fultz commentating and talking about how excited he was to get out there and play with them? They could be a lot of fun to watch next year

Yes it was. I did a double take because I was looking down while I was doing multi-tasking. I heard the commentators talking to someone, and when I looked up at the screen, it was Fultz. I was amazed at his interactions/commentary, his assessment of  the Magic and the NBA in general.

Fultz was so smooth in his delivery. I never heard him do commentary before, just short questions and answers/post-game interviews. He always came off to me as a shy kid, but he sound like a seasoned player/man.

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yes it was. I did a double take because I was looking down while I was doing multi-tasking. I heard the commentators talking to someone, and when I looked up at the screen, it was Fultz. I was amazed at his interactions/commentary, his assessment of  the Magic and the NBA in general.

Fultz was so smooth in his delivery. I never heard him do commentary before, just short questions and answers/post-game interviews. He always came off to me as a shy kid, but he sound like a seasoned player/man.

Nice. He (in the very little I heard) sounded like someone who was seeing everything. I think he’ll be a great influence on those two 

7 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

I tried it, kind of fun looking at the old lottery and seeing all the busts. Point made, most NBA superstars don't stay with the team that drafts them. Here are all the Allstars TOP 5 lotto picks of last ten years and their accomplishments.

2011 NBA DRAFT

1.) Kyrie Irving (CAVS) - NBA Champion w/ CAVS, 3 time allstar, all NBA Team w/ Cavs

2-5 Busts

2012 NBA DRAFT

1.) Anthony Davis (Pelicans/Hornets) 7 time all star w/ Pels, 6 time all NBA w/Pels. Never got beyond 2nd round of playoffs. Won title w/ Lakers

3.)Bradley Beal (Wizards) - 3 time NBA All star (Playoffs 4 times never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2013 NBA DRAFT (WORST DRAFT EVER?)

2.) Victor Oladipo (MAGIC) - 2 time allstar, 1 NBA team (Magic traded away, on 5th NBA team)

2014 NBA DRAFT

3.) Joel Embiid (76ers) - 4 time allstar, 2 time all NBA, 2 time all Defense. (Playoffs 3 times, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2015 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Karl Anthony-Towns (WOLVES) - 2 time allstar, 1 all NBA (1 playoff 1st round exit)

2.) D'Angelo Russell (Lakers) -1 Allstar game w/Nets (1 playoff 1st round exit)

4.) Kristaps Porzingis (Knicks) 1- allstar game w/ Knicks (1 playoff exist with Mavs)

2016 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Ben Simmons - (76ers) -3 time NBA Allstar, all nba team, all defense (76ers 3 playoffs, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2.) Brandon Ingram (Lakers) - 1 time NBA Allstar (w/ Pels)

3.) Jaylen Brown (CELTICS) - 1 time NBA All star (4 playoffs, 3 ECF runnerup)

2017 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Jason Tatum (CELTICS) - 2 time NBA Allstar, 1 all NBA Team ( 3 playoffs, 2 ECF Runnerups)

2018 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Luka Doncic (Mavs) - 2 time NBA allstar, all NBA 1st team (1 playoff 1st round exit)

5.) Trae Young (HAWKS) 1 time NBA Allstar, (No playoff results yet)

2019 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Zion Williamson (Pelicans) - 1 time NBA Allstar (No playoffs yet)

2.) Ja Morant (Grizzlies) - Reigning ROY,  Lost play-in game

2020 NBA DRAFT- (Rookies) 

1.) Anthony Edwards (Wolves) (No playoffs)

2.) James Wiseman (Warriors) (Play-in playoffs)

3.) LaMelo Ball (Hornets) (Play-in playoffs)

4.) Patrick Williams (Bulls) (Likely no playoffs)

5.)Issac Okoro (Cavs) (No playoffs)

Thanks Magic Turk. That was a lot of work. As you said, a player who was drafted by a team might end up or be traded to another team or teams at some point during their career.

In the NFL, fans consider their team as having success if they make it to a playoff(s). Would you say that in the NBA, making it to the playoffs is the same benchmark used to say a team was successful because they made it to a playoff.

My question is, how many of the top 5 drafted NBA players that you listed, helped a team to make it to a playoff even if it was not on the team that drafted them?

Would you be kind enough to filter out those players who had an impact or played a role in a team making it to a playoff(s). *I'm not talking about individual honors but no playoffs*

I could do it, but I'm working on the last few game thread starters. :)  

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Shame on most of you. All I've been hearing is "I/we want the Magic to lose", and because they have been losing some of you say you will not watch the remaining games.

Well, Martin Lawrence's character "NeNe" has this to say about walking away. . .

H8V51k.gif  TMF says>>  Dx83Kl.png >>  IEIrE3.gif

It's entirely possible to understand the logic of losing the last few, meaningless, games to end the season and not want to actively watch the games as we do it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Everyone cheer for Cleveland!

Edit 2 hours later: They had this game! Some teams just tank well :(

And they’ll be continuing to tank well for years to come.  Practice makes perfect.  

I have prepared and posted a Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. . .if interested. The game starts at 9:00.

I know that some of you don't care about a game thread starter and won't be watching the game. However I personally made a commitment to prepare these threads for the remaining games, and I will watch all of them.

GO MAGIC!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thanks Magic Turk. That was a lot of work. As you said, a player who was drafted by a team might end up or be traded to another team or teams at some point during their career.

In the NFL, fans consider their team as having success if they make it to a playoff(s). Would you say that in the NBA, making it to the playoffs is the same benchmark used to say a team was successful because they made it to a playoff.

My question is, how many of the top 5 drafted NBA players that you listed, helped a team to make it to a playoff even if it was not on the team that drafted them?

Would you be kind enough to filter out those players who had an impact or played a role in a team making it to a playoff(s). *I'm not talking about individual honors but no playoffs*

I could do it, but I'm working on the last few game thread starters. :)  

Thanks!

Can I get a drink for all my efforts! ;-p

The reality is that of the list of TOP5 lottery players taken in the last ten years, only two of them have won rings and they both played with this Lebron James guy to get them.

I'd even eliminate Bradley Beal as his playoffs were more John Wall's accomplishments before Wall got to liking the Chicken Wings at Nando's more then playing in the NBA. Oladipo got the Pacers to the playoffs in year 1, but they proved they could do it without him.

So, if we update on the taking a Team to the playoffs and being drafted in the Top 5 here are your players. About 1 per draft class. Bold Teams, mean they are still with that team.

2011 NBA DRAFT

1.) Kyrie Irving (CAVS) - NBA Champion w/ CAVS, 

2012 NBA DRAFT

1.) Anthony Davis (Pelicans/Hornets) NBA Champion w/ Lakers

2.) Victor Oladipo (MAGIC) - Took Pacers to playoffs

2014 NBA DRAFT

3.) Joel Embiid (76ers) -(Playoffs 3 times, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2015 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Karl Anthony-Towns (WOLVES) -  (1 playoff 1st round exit)

2.) D'Angelo Russell (Lakers) -(Took Nets to playoffs)

2016 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Ben Simmons - (76ers) - (76ers 3 playoffs, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2017 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Jason Tatum (CELTICS) -  ( 3 playoffs, 2 ECF Runnerups)

2018 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Luka Doncic (Mavs) - (1 playoff 1st round exit)

2019 NBA DRAFT-

2.) Ja Morant (Grizzlies) - Lost play-in game

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I have prepared and posted a Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. . .if interested. The game starts at 9:00.

I know that some of you don't care about a game thread starter and won't be watching the game. However I personally made a commitment to prepare these threads for the remaining games, and I will watch all of them.

GO MAGIC!

Thanks, TMF!

I don’t post as much as I used too but I definitely still lurk daily and appreciate the game threads!

56 minutes ago, King Close said:

Thanks, TMF!

I don’t post as much as I used too but I definitely still lurk daily and appreciate the game threads!

Thank you King Close. I appreciate your kind words.   n1Nfo4.png

2 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

Can I get a drink for all my efforts! ;-p

The reality is that of the list of TOP5 lottery players taken in the last ten years, only two of them have won rings and they both played with this Lebron James guy to get them.

I'd even eliminate Bradley Beal as his playoffs were more John Wall's accomplishments before Wall got to liking the Chicken Wings at Nando's more then playing in the NBA. Oladipo got the Pacers to the playoffs in year 1, but they proved they could do it without him.

So, if we update on the taking a Team to the playoffs and being drafted in the Top 5 here are your players. About 1 per draft class. Bold Teams, mean they are still with that team.

2011 NBA DRAFT

1.) Kyrie Irving (CAVS) - NBA Champion w/ CAVS, 

2012 NBA DRAFT

1.) Anthony Davis (Pelicans/Hornets) NBA Champion w/ Lakers

2.) Victor Oladipo (MAGIC) - Took Pacers to playoffs

2014 NBA DRAFT

3.) Joel Embiid (76ers) -(Playoffs 3 times, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2015 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Karl Anthony-Towns (WOLVES) -  (1 playoff 1st round exit)

2.) D'Angelo Russell (Lakers) -(Took Nets to playoffs)

2016 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Ben Simmons - (76ers) - (76ers 3 playoffs, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2017 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Jason Tatum (CELTICS) -  ( 3 playoffs, 2 ECF Runnerups)

2018 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Luka Doncic (Mavs) - (1 playoff 1st round exit)

2019 NBA DRAFT-

2.) Ja Morant (Grizzlies) - Lost play-in game

Thanks, MagicTurk.  I squeezed in a little time to filter out the players I requested who were on a playoff team. Your count was 10. I counted 13 (on your list)

There is a reason I asked for that information. I wanted to say something about the information I requested, but I won't because I don't want to start a debate war by other participants on this message board.

Thanks again MagicTurk and here is your drink for all the hard work you put in on this project.    Q07xJ6.jpg  

lbNWsW.png      CHEERS!

• Downvote 1