Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Serious question: If Boston gets bounced early in the playoffs, do they fire Brad Stevens? Do we then target him? 

I am fine with the job Cliff has done, but I’m not sure he’s the *right* coach for a young team. If we have the chance to upgrade there, sign me up.

100% yes and without even thinking it twice. Then you keep Cliff as defensive coordinator, same salary so he doesn't feel bad, and you've a stew going! :P

• Upvote 1

Haven't watched the last two games. May not bother with the next few either before the end of the season. God I hope this was all worth it. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Haven't watched the last two games. May not bother with the next few either before the end of the season. God I hope this was all worth it. 

Share your concerns, and agree these games are mostly not worth watching. 

Yes we all obviously love the Magic, and love to post. However our season is winding down. Hope we can all focus on the playoffs for a month instead of non productive Magic speculation. After the season ends next week, the only big thing before the Lottery is If Clifford stays or goes.  Let's get a good thread going about the postseason next week.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yes we all obviously love the Magic, and love to post. However our season is winding down. Hope we can all focus on the playoffs for a month instead of non productive Magic speculation. After the season ends next week, the only big thing before the Lottery is If Clifford stays or goes.  Let's get a good thread going about the postseason next week.

I can't wait to see posts about how awesome our #1 and #8 picks are doing in summer league and camp.

• Upvote 2

Shame on most of you. All I've been hearing is "I/we want the Magic to lose", and because they have been losing some of you say you will not watch the remaining games.

Well, Martin Lawrence's character "NeNe" has this to say about walking away. . .

H8V51k.gif  TMF says>>  Dx83Kl.png >>  IEIrE3.gif

Serious question:

Could someone please make a list of NBA players who were a top 5 pick in the draft (the past maybe 10 yrs.?) who have made a major impact on the team that drafted them.

On the other hand, maybe list the ones who were top 5 picks and were a bust.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Shame on most of you. All I've been hearing is "I/we want the Magic to lose", and because they have been losing some of you say you will not watch the remaining games.

Well, Martin Lawrence's character "NeNe" has this to say about walking away. . .

H8V51k.gif  TMF says>>  Dx83Kl.png >>  IEIrE3.gif

I continue to watch the games, and root for the Magic to play competitive basketball. As long as they play hard and compete, I think it's a positive; and while I would prefer they not win for the lottery repercussions, if it comes down to the last five minutes and they are still in it, I'm rooting my a-- off for them to pull out the win. That may seem contradictory, but that's me! I never root against them, and I'm very proud when they keep it competitive, win or lose. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I continue to watch the games, and root for the Magic to play competitive basketball. As long as they play hard and compete, I think it's a positive; and while I would prefer they not win for the lottery repercussions, if it comes down to the last five minutes and they are still in it, I'm rooting my a-- off for them to pull out the win. That may seem contradictory, but that's me! I never root against them, and I'm very proud when they keep it competitive, win or lose. 

Cheers! Everything you said makes sense to me, personally.    NcKWvl.png

58 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Serious question:

Could someone please make a list of NBA players who were a top 5 pick in the draft (the past maybe 10 yrs.?) who have made a major impact on the team that drafted them.

On the other hand, maybe list the ones who were top 5 picks and were a bust.

Thanks. 

I tried it, kind of fun looking at the old lottery and seeing all the busts. Point made, most NBA superstars don't stay with the team that drafts them. Here are all the Allstars TOP 5 lotto picks of last ten years and their accomplishments.

2011 NBA DRAFT

1.) Kyrie Irving (CAVS) - NBA Champion w/ CAVS, 3 time allstar, all NBA Team w/ Cavs

2-5 Busts

2012 NBA DRAFT

1.) Anthony Davis (Pelicans/Hornets) 7 time all star w/ Pels, 6 time all NBA w/Pels. Never got beyond 2nd round of playoffs. Won title w/ Lakers

3.)Bradley Beal (Wizards) - 3 time NBA All star (Playoffs 4 times never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2013 NBA DRAFT (WORST DRAFT EVER?)

2.) Victor Oladipo (MAGIC) - 2 time allstar, 1 NBA team (Magic traded away, on 5th NBA team)

2014 NBA DRAFT

3.) Joel Embiid (76ers) - 4 time allstar, 2 time all NBA, 2 time all Defense. (Playoffs 3 times, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2015 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Karl Anthony-Towns (WOLVES) - 2 time allstar, 1 all NBA (1 playoff 1st round exit)

2.) D'Angelo Russell (Lakers) -1 Allstar game w/Nets (1 playoff 1st round exit)

4.) Kristaps Porzingis (Knicks) 1- allstar game w/ Knicks (1 playoff exist with Mavs)

2016 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Ben Simmons - (76ers) -3 time NBA Allstar, all nba team, all defense (76ers 3 playoffs, never advanced beyond 2nd round)

2.) Brandon Ingram (Lakers) - 1 time NBA Allstar (w/ Pels)

3.) Jaylen Brown (CELTICS) - 1 time NBA All star (4 playoffs, 3 ECF runnerup)

2017 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Jason Tatum (CELTICS) - 2 time NBA Allstar, 1 all NBA Team ( 3 playoffs, 2 ECF Runnerups)

2018 NBA DRAFT-

3.) Luka Doncic (Mavs) - 2 time NBA allstar, all NBA 1st team (1 playoff 1st round exit)

5.) Trae Young (HAWKS) 1 time NBA Allstar, (No playoff results yet)

2019 NBA DRAFT-

1.) Zion Williamson (Pelicans) - 1 time NBA Allstar (No playoffs yet)

2.) Ja Morant (Grizzlies) - Reigning ROY,  Lost play-in game

2020 NBA DRAFT- (Rookies) 

1.) Anthony Edwards (Wolves) (No playoffs)

2.) James Wiseman (Warriors) (Play-in playoffs)

3.) LaMelo Ball (Hornets) (Play-in playoffs)

4.) Patrick Williams (Bulls) (Likely no playoffs)

5.)Issac Okoro (Cavs) (No playoffs)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm very excited about RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony. We can build something meaningful with these players. Y'all already know I stan Isaac

I only caught a little bit of clips from Wolves game, but was that Fultz commentating and talking about how excited he was to get out there and play with them? They could be a lot of fun to watch next year