Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

IMO, these last 2 wins are worthless IF:

- we don't keep moritz, hampton and bradzeikis 

- bamba and anthony are not starting games next season

I mean, the first 3 guys are the reason we are winning games of late, and our 2 homemade guys should be playing much more minutes on a consistent basis

for next year, given that our picks would be probably something like 6th and 11th, I would go with this rotation:

bamba / carter jr

isaac / wagner

okeke / hampton / bradzeikis

anthony / ross / harris

fultz / anthony / mcw

Our picks should both be BPA since we have as many holes on our roster as augusta, and since we are probably going to be a 25-30 win team again next season, I think we could finally field a really strong roster by 2023.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:28 PM, Natesroom said:

on the bright side, Aaron Gordon

image.png.b6dbb8268bfc8cef1cbf7af7286f8af0.png

He's a Shawn Marion type role player. He'll never average more than 15 PPG on a good team, and that's okay. It's all the others things he does that makes him valuable - at least in my opinion 

On 5/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, alwaystragic said:

IMO, these last 2 wins are worthless IF:

- we don't keep moritz, hampton and bradzeikis 

- bamba and anthony are not starting games next season

I mean, the first 3 guys are the reason we are winning games of late, and our 2 homemade guys should be playing much more minutes on a consistent basis

for next year, given that our picks would be probably something like 6th and 11th, I would go with this rotation:

bamba / carter jr

isaac / wagner

okeke / hampton / bradzeikis

anthony / ross / harris

fultz / anthony / mcw

Our picks should both be BPA since we have as many holes on our roster as augusta, and since we are probably going to be a 25-30 win team again next season, I think we could finally field a really strong roster by 2023.

So most likely some vets getting shipped out depending on BPA? IF we get Mobley, Bamba gone? If we Draft Green or Moody either Ross or Harris shipped out? What if we get the other Jalen or Kuminga. Try to keep one of either Wagner or Ignas?

20 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We might be seeing RJ playing backup minutes at PG due to Cole potentially having to go through concussion protocols so this might be to cover minutes at SG if that happens.

WCJ not travelling for tmrws game either.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Our roster this year has gotten ugly from a health and talent perspective! Wowzers

LOL.  It is really something!

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

He's a Shawn Marion type role player. He'll never average more than 15 PPG on a good team, and that's okay. It's all the others things he does that makes him valuable - at least in my opinion 

I get your point but Shawn Marion is a 4 time All Star who at his peak averaged 22/12 for a 50+ win team. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Admiral is going to command the tank. 

Lol! It’s like WeltHam are trying so hard to tank and the young guys and scrubs won’t comply.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I get your point but Shawn Marion is a 4 time All Star who at his peak averaged 22/12 for a 50+ win team. 

I just want to see Aaron make it through a second playoff series healthy. I'm sure it will be a great talking point on these forums. As far as him ascending as an offensive player, it's starting to get a little late for that. I still think he has a great catch and shoot stroke so i think he still due a career year as a shooter. I just don't think we will ever see some consistency. Where he failed for me, is he just didn't have that first step to get to the basket for those 8-10 easy baskets each game. I mean, yeah he did some games but mostly being set up by team mates or a blown defensive rotation.  Way too many times in transition i expected him to explode to the basket like other All-star forwards and he just couldn't do it. At first i thought it was mental, but he just doesn't have it like the better forwards. Add that to his inconsistent shooting and teams schemed to take that away from him. The shooting is mental, so if he can get some confidence on a winning team i expect next year to be his best.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yeah it is absolutely not insignificant that Marion's peak was 7 years of just about 19 and 10 with fantastic D. On a winning team. I think Aaron should be flattered that the comparison's were ever made at this point.