Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I havent seen any info on chuma but i heard he was in a boot... Anybody have the info on it?

No official info but he stepped on someone’s foot and appeared to turn his ankle pretty bad the previous game. I assume it’s a bad sprain. 

yeah i saw it in game and actually from the angle it seemed like he didnt step on anyones foot, though jeff turner said it was the second defender. I'd have to go back and see replay

I know we played the Grizzlies last night, but I have prepared  and posted a Game Thread Starter for tonight's game. . .if anyone is interested.  Hopefully with a new thread the Magic shows up with a new and improved game. :)

The game starts at 8 pm. est. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I know we have a few games separation between us and OKC but the "game" they are "playing" against Indiana right now is just disgusting...

It's even worse when you consider the Pacers started  Sumner,Brissett and McDermott. Sure, Sabonis and lavert went off but the Pacers have been struggling the last two months.

Meanwhile OKC is pretending Dort and Poku are hurt, they weren't even available like Shai and Horford. I do not recognize anyone on the bench except SVI,Bradley and Jerome. Jerome got a healthy DNP because he shot well in their win the other night.  They started all the guys with the least amount of experience. 

In fact i don't think i understand how NBA rosters work. Remember at the start of our season when the injuries piled up? We were in trouble filling roster spots, meanwhile OKC been bringing people on and off the team like it's chessboard not a basketball court. I mean i understand the difference they had less guaranteed contracts and weren't up against the salary cap like we were. Something has to give because after the blowout loss they even talked about the blatant tanking on the news shows.

Screw OKC! 

Congrats on a good win. That's a win you have to love, Cole looking smooth and his interview was money!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Randomly the second Michigan alum we've picked up in the past week. 

Just came here to post this, looks like we’re letting Donta Hall go to make the move.

This move tells me we’ve probably seen the last of Chuma for the season

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Just came here to post this, looks like we’re letting Donta Hall go to make the move.

This move tells me we’ve probably seen the last of Chuma for the season

Seems that way. Maybe Ennis too. 

49 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Randomly the second Michigan alum we've picked up in the past week. 

I didn't even realize the Knicks released him.  I watched a ton of games the season they went to the title game. I was dating a women who was an alum. I remember liking Moe and thinking neither were going to make it in the NBA.  I guess i'm going to have to watch the replay of last nights game. Didn't get to see anything but the highlights. 

Ultimately a guy who is 6-11 250 pounds is a center. I have to watch the game to see how he scored. To get serious minutes in the front court in the NBA you have to get rebounds, box out,set screens and protect the paint. If you can't do those things you won't get minutes and i'm guessing that's why he's already with his 5th team.

Quick Edit. I'm so happy Cole had a great game, he is part of the future. What a weird game for Wagner to have his career day.