Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

27 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Okay, I guess you all don't need anymore specialty or a different Game Thread Starter for each team that we play.

Since many of you have gone away from rooting for the team to win, you will probably post comments every now and then using the General Game Thread that Soul Bro set up at the beginning of the season.

I prepared and posted one for tonight's game against the Hawks.

You rock!
I root for them to play competitively every game. I don’t like when they get blown out, but I’m good with a competitive loss, as I think the young players can still learn from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

You rock!
I root for them to play competitively every game. I don’t like when they get blown out, but I’m good with a competitive loss, as I think the young players can still learn from them.

Same here. I like seeing our guys playing hard but IMO we just don't have enough "A" talent to win many games.

23 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jeff Weltman has literally never drafted a prospect who didn't have positive shooting indicators coming out. 

Indicators?  Lol good one. Great shooters are born with that skill or not and are not going to learn how to be a great one 5-10 years into their career. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Indicators?  Lol good one. Great shooters are born with that skill or not and are not going to learn how to be a great one 5-10 years into their career. 

And then there is Julius Randle that out of nowhere is great when not long ago he could be had for a bag of peanuts!

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Nobody is born a great shooter. 

And nobody is saying they learn how to shoot 10 years into their career. But plenty of players have developed as shooters over the first few years of their careers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nobody is born a great shooter. 

And nobody is saying they learn how to shoot 10 years into their career. But plenty of players have developed as shooters over the first few years of their careers. 

I’m talking great shooters. You either have that skill or not. Also I’m talking about careers starting before high school. Not nba career. And there are exceptions to every rule. But extremely few like randle who have become very good, not great. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, jmmagicfan said:

You rock!

n1Nfo4.png

21 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like Bob Franks got a second 10 day

Yup. He's looked ok in limited minutes so far. Plus we have so little (healthy) size it makes sense.

I have prepared and posted a game thread for tonight's game against the Pelicans. . .

IEIrE3.gifSo, pin it or not pin it before game time? . .that is the question.

SIDE NOTE:  During the game, I will be sitting in front of my computer like this:   

vTELWZ.gif

• Like 1

Just an FYI, the injury exception for J Isaac has also now expired. The Fultz exception expired a couple weeks ago. For next season we will have the Mid-level exception, the Bi-Annual Exception, and Trade Exceptions for Fournier, Aminu, and Clark. Depending on what we do with Porter, we do have some options to make moves without hitting the luxury tax. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Just an FYI, the injury exception for J Isaac has also now expired. The Fultz exception expired a couple weeks ago. For next season we will have the Mid-level exception, the Bi-Annual Exception, and Trade Exceptions for Fournier, Aminu, and Clark. Depending on what we do with Porter, we do have some options to make moves without hitting the luxury tax. 

Oh Noooooo, the billionaire might hit the luxury tax. Smdh 

• Downvote 1