Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Weren’t we in the top 10 worst 5 years in a row?  I seem to recall we had the worst W-L in the NBA for a five year stretch. We weren’t forced to sell 

Maybe they should have been. But no it is not the policy. And I didn’t say it was. Smh 

I know this doesn't belong here, but I noticed that Evan Fournier is listed on ESPN website as "out" for tonight's game, Boston vs. Bulls.

He has not played for a while with Boston. I know he was initially on Covid Protocol. But should it take this long to be in quarantine?

I would love to have seen him play against his former teammate, Vuc. I know they don't play the same position.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Maybe they should have been. But no it is not the policy. And I didn’t say it was. Smh 

Sorry.  Misunderstood your post.  To be fair, it’s not totally clear until you clarified. 

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

When we lose to Atlanta tonight we will be tied with Detroit. Where do we stand as far as tie-breaker?

Think we’re 1-1 on the season with the Pistons with 1 more to go. Tiebreaker really will only decide who gets screwed over more if we both get unlucky on lotto night. Pretty sure ties in the lotto split the pick odds evenly between the 2 spots, so Detroit and us would both be 3.5 if that makes sense.

Denver won in double overtime. Jokic willed them to another win. The very definition of a super-star and he was drafted in the second round. Gordon scored 2 points in 22 minutes.

I saw a couple good posts on another fan site. Someone said about 55% off all All-Star appearing players were drafted 1-5. However this was skewed by older statistics from past decades. Another poster in the same thread compared All-NBA lists just from the last 18 years and the places players were drafted was all over the place. The 1-5 guys were less then 50% of all NBA lists in that short span but i thought that was interesting. I definitely want to number one pick if possible but i feel like there is good talent all over the draft just have to get the right guys. It's just so hard to evaluate today's prospects. This is good and bad. It's one of the reason some of these really great players are drafted lower.

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I definitely want to number one pick if possible but i feel like there is good talent all over the draft just have to get the right guys. It's just so hard to evaluate today's prospects. This is good and bad. It's one of the reason some of these really great players are drafted lower.

IMO a good start would be to draft players that can already shoot rather than ones with long wingspans that we hope we can teach to shoot. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

IMO a good start would be to draft players that can already shoot rather than ones with long wingspans that we hope we can teach to shoot. 

Jeff Weltman has literally never drafted a prospect who didn't have positive shooting indicators coming out. 

Okay, I guess you all don't need anymore specialty or a different Game Thread Starter for each team that we play.

Since many of you have gone away from rooting for the team to win, you will probably post comments every now and then using the General Game Thread that Soul Bro set up at the beginning of the season.

I prepared and posted one for tonight's game against the Hawks.

• Upvote 1