Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

34 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

MCW is out tonight.

Not surprised, considering how badly he rolled his ankle in the last game.

It looks like we may get to see a fair amount of Cannady right away. 

I have prepared and posted a Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against the Raptors in Tampa--if anyone is interested.

Kyle Lowry, OG Anunoby, and P. Siakam are listed as "out" for the Raptors.

F. VanVleet was reported as "out" 2 days ago but, as of today, he is listed as playing. So look out, he is a 3 pt. sharpshooter.

This should be a good one!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Been thinking about how we're going to have a bit of cap space this summer and have a need at SF so just had a quick look at the available free agents and it is very slim pickings. That being said I'd be really tempted to throw a little bit of money (nothing major like 3 years 15 million max) at Yuta Watanabe. He's 6'9, he plays super hard, he's not a bad shooter and he's only 26. Could be worth a punt since we've got nothing else to do with the cap space. He's an RFA though so just whether Toronto would match something like that. 

Not saying Yuta has to be the guy but I'd like us to take a low risk punt on someone like that. Not too disimilar to what we did with Jonathan Simmons (it didn't work out on the court but his salary was such that it was easy to include in trades and he helped get Fultz)

I like him, too.

I’m here to give Carter Jr. mad props. I had virtually no expectations for that guy when we traded for him, but he’s proving to be fantastic. It’s crazy how competent he is on both ends of the floor... and he’s only 21-years-old! WeltHam fleeced Chicago in that trade, and I’m excited about our future.

• Upvote 2

I also am really high on Anthony and Okeke. You can see the growth in Anthony game by game, and I love his competitiveness. Meanwhile, Okeke reminds me of a young and smooth Shawn Marion. Dude is such a good and versatile player.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, Soul Bro said:

I’m here to give Carter Jr. mad props. I had virtually no expectations for that guy when we traded for him, but he’s proving to be fantastic. It’s crazy how competent he is on both ends of the floor... and he’s only 21-years-old! WeltHam fleeced Chicago in that trade, and I’m excited about our future.

I wanted him instead of Bamba if we didn't reach for SGA. Maybe Carter JR can teach Mo? I look forward to Carter Jr and JI playing together!

The defensive potential of a starting lineup of Kelle/GH/Chuma/JI/WCJ is really really exciting. Also can’t wait to see how Wendell plays with a real point guard when Markelle gets back, he’s never had even average PG play before to unlock his potential

• Upvote 2

Hello all! I’ve been lurking since I got logged out of my account since like 2016, but I’m actually really excited enough with this fresh start to look up my password and get back in. I’m really liking these young guys. Hopefully this time we will keep enough competent veteran presence around to keep them on track, and have some lotto luck. Good to be back

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, O_SteveO said:

Hello all! I’ve been lurking since I got logged out of my account since like 2016, but I’m actually really excited enough with this fresh start to look up my password and get back in. I’m really liking these young guys. Hopefully this time we will keep enough competent veteran presence around to keep them on track, and have some lotto luck. Good to be back

Welcome back!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, O_SteveO said:

Welcome back and good post. 

• Upvote 1