Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Is otto porter jr still with our team? I dont see him playing any minutes and also ESPN has an asterisk next to his name, same with all the players that were traded/released/bought out

He's injured.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Zach Lavine is to miss several games due to health and safety protocols 

Wow.... this is gonna get interesting 

The Bulls might end up keeping their pick if he's out for a couple weeks. 

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nah, he's been playing with a knackered ankle for weeks, would have been best for them to rest him, he was even more non existent on the defensive end than usual trying to play through it. Plus they would have to lose all 18 games to start getting much better odds for moving into the top 4 of the lottery, a 2 game seperation has been almost impossible for a lot of teams to catch up.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

They’re just as close to OKC at 5th worst in the NBA as they are to New Orleans at 11th worst... sheesh...

I’ve thought about it though. I think I’d rather have the Bulls pick have a shot at being as high as it can be and risking it not conveying until next year instead of getting stuck with it at the very end of the lotto. We’ve already got a ton of youth on the roster

I’m a gambler/optimistic by nature, but I’m hoping for the bulls to have the 5th best draft odds. 

I know the odds are near zero, but give me 1 (Cade) and 5 (Kuminga). 

With them on the roster this is an extremely young roster, who is under contract for the foreseeable future, with real championship contender potential. 

The depth chart would look like: 

PG: Fultz/Anthony/RJ

SG: Cade/Ross 

SF: Issac/Okeke/Kuminga 

PF: Okeke/Kuminga/Issac

C:  Carter/Bamba

In this scenario, we wouldn’t resign Ennis, Bacon, MCW, Porter. 

Additionally, we would also trade Gary Harris at the trade deadline for future assets and a backup Center (insurance policy for Bamba). 

Again pipe dream, but a man can wish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Been thinking about how we're going to have a bit of cap space this summer and have a need at SF so just had a quick look at the available free agents and it is very slim pickings. That being said I'd be really tempted to throw a little bit of money (nothing major like 3 years 15 million max) at Yuta Watanabe. He's 6'9, he plays super hard, he's not a bad shooter and he's only 26. Could be worth a punt since we've got nothing else to do with the cap space. He's an RFA though so just whether Toronto would match something like that. 

Not saying Yuta has to be the guy but I'd like us to take a low risk punt on someone like that. Not too disimilar to what we did with Jonathan Simmons (it didn't work out on the court but his salary was such that it was easy to include in trades and he helped get Fultz)

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Been thinking about how we're going to have a bit of cap space this summer and have a need at SF so just had a quick look at the available free agents and it is very slim pickings. That being said I'd be really tempted to throw a little bit of money (nothing major like 3 years 15 million max) at Yuta Watanabe. He's 6'9, he plays super hard, he's not a bad shooter and he's only 26. Could be worth a punt since we've got nothing else to do with the cap space. He's an RFA though so just whether Toronto would match something like that. 

Not saying Yuta has to be the guy but I'd like us to take a low risk punt on someone like that. Not too disimilar to what we did with Jonathan Simmons (it didn't work out on the court but his salary was such that it was easy to include in trades and he helped get Fultz)

I agree with your thought as well. Low risk gamble would be a good move. 

Another guy I'd try to take a flier on if it's not too expensive is Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk. He's only 23 and already a great shooter. 

• Like 1