Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

10 hours ago, Phil4Real said:

Yeah, I don't agree with the Ross hating. You're missing the point, i think. There was a lot of stuff going poorly last night and he at least put some pepper at the end...

You can't win a ball game moving the ball like the Magic did, it's just that

You are missing the point.

I get your pointing out that Ross was not in the game when Okeke was on the court.

I posted the following/same comment you made [bold] to another poster a few minutes ago.

"I know the question was why Okeke did'nt get more shots.

My explanation was more or less a blanket/reason as to why a lot of things went wrong."

I am not a Ross hater. I know what I see. Ross is a veteran and has the most tenure on this team. He needs to lead by example.

29 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

interesting. If this is true and the Donte Hall news is also true it means there’s another waive/buyout coming. Only candidates I can realistically think of are Otto or Bacon. I guess MCW and Ennis are possibilities but seem more like long shots

Edit: could also be Mane or Randle

Probably Randle.

40 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

interesting. If this is true and the Donte Hall news is also true it means there’s another waive/buyout coming. Only candidates I can realistically think of are Otto or Bacon. I guess MCW and Ennis are possibilities but seem more like long shots

Edit: could also be Mane or Randle

FO have been brill since trade deadline, they have embraced the tank fully and are slowly taking away vets from Clifford and now we're not so close to the tax we're actually taking closer looks at our G league players. I really hope they get things right on draft day. Might mean Mane is out if his hamstring is taking longer to heal than expected.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, Jay Magic said:

I dont want us picking up anybody. 

Worse ways Robert Franks thats it

What was i saying 6 days ago?? Haha nailed it

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

KB9YMT.png

Good call on Franks! And I mean, Sabonis is an all star, Wendell did an ok job on him and shouldn’t be held accountable for the refs favoring the whistle on one side. He should’ve shot more than 0 free throws. There’s room to grow, but that’s exactly what the rest of this season is for the Magic, we have a ton of young guys that are going to make a ton of mistakes and get outplayed more often than not, it’s all about not ruining their development in the process. Like, it pains me to say it, but after last night, Clifford probably needs to sit RJ for defensive lapses. Not being held accountable for bad ball is how bad habits get formed, but it’s a fine line to toe to not ruin the players confidence in the process.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I get your pointing out that Ross was not in the game when Okeke was on the court.

I know the question was why Okeke did'nt get more shots.

My explanation was more or less a blanket/reason as to why a lot of things went wrong.

I was pointing out that ross iso is actually not a problem mostly if he is the only one doing it. When we let Ennis, Bacon and MCW do that is when ross doing starts to stand out.

5 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I was pointing out that ross iso is actually not a problem mostly if he is the only one doing it. When we let Ennis, Bacon and MCW do that is when ross doing starts to stand out.

So I think we both agree there are problems all around. But there is not much that can be fixed this late in the season because of injuries and the revolving door of players.

Hopefully, the Magic players can use the last few games of this season as a learning curve or building block for success next season.

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Hopefully, the Magic players can use the last few games of this season as a learning curve or building block for success next season.

That’s what I want also.  But having Ross take all the shots at the end of games, especially difficult 1v2’s, isn’t going to help with anyones growth.  

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good call on Franks! And I mean, Sabonis is an all star, Wendell did an ok job on him and shouldn’t be held accountable for the refs favoring the whistle on one side. He should’ve shot more than 0 free throws. There’s room to grow, but that’s exactly what the rest of this season is for the Magic, we have a ton of young guys that are going to make a ton of mistakes and get outplayed more often than not, it’s all about not ruining their development in the process. Like, it pains me to say it, but after last night, Clifford probably needs to sit RJ for defensive lapses. Not being held accountable for bad ball is how bad habits get formed, but it’s a fine line to toe to not ruin the players confidence in the process.

Cliff would say that putting mostly young guys out there to get clobbered on a regular basis does in fact cause more harm than good to their development.