Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Should be noted that Khem Birch's agent has a bunch of NBA clients including Chuma Okeke, Gary Harris and Dwayne Bacon so it benefits us to keep a good relationship with him. 

I think the Magic actually do a fairly good job at helping put guys in positions to succeed whom stay loyal to us in the long haul. For all the faults of our organization, the guys who stay 3-4 years normally get what they want in terms of releases or trades when they've been a positive locker room presence. I think that can go a long way with agents and players when that's a history of doing what you say in respecting the player.

We now have:

All our own 1st and 2nds
Two 1sts from Chicago ('21, '23)
One 1st from Denver ('25)
One 2nd from Indiana ('22)
One 2nd from Boston or Memphis ('25)
One 2nd from Milwaukee ('26)
Another 2nd from Boston ('27)
$17.7M TPE expiring March 2022

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think MCW might be waived. We can’t have him taking minutes away from RJ, especially with GH coming back

At least MCW plays hustle ball, which helps set team culture. I’m not sure what Bacon adds.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

At least MCW plays hustle ball, which helps set team culture. I’m not sure what Bacon adds.

True. MCW is a good vet to watch and learn from for the kids, didn’t think about dropping Bacon. Or at the very least benching him 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think MCW might be waived. We can’t have him taking minutes away from RJ, especially with GH coming back

I hope MCW is waived. First of all, he can't shoot. . .he's not a scorer.

I was bummed out watching him play last night. He was out of control, resulting in turnovers.

He and Ross try to do too much.

I was disappointed each time he returned to the court. . .like "Oh, no" disappointed.

BTW: I liked MCW when he was first traded to the Magic. He was a hustler, made a few shots, and contributed well to the Magic, going down the stretch.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Right. How many times have I said I love RJ. Sort of takes the place of my guy DJ.

Not that I don't miss DJ.

I can actually see the Magic signing someone to that spot, since we have Isaac's injury exception of about $4.7K that expires the middle of this month if it isn't used. Not sure if there is anyone on the waiver wire in that range that we would be interested in, but I could see it happening.