Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Interesting. Didn't think there would be any more Woj bombs for the Magic this year.

Here is an article on the Ringer about Gordon and the Nuggets. I'm happy for him, mostly because we have all said these same things for years. The only thing i don't agree with is the middle of the article, where the writer states Gordon is a gifted finisher. He is a gifted wide open dunker. The video they post right after this fact shows all the wide open dunks. Anyhow, it's a good article. It should remind us besides needing a star the Magic need great passers. Yes, i realize there is always more space inside when you have all those offensive weapons. Still need to hit the cutter without turning the ball over. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/6/22369360/aaron-gordon-trade-denver-nuggets-nikola-jokic

Thats the nail on the head article most of us have been saying for 5 years. I believe 3 years ago when he had his 40 point games at the Beg of the season, he has 1st in the league at finishing at the rim or finishing within 5 feet or something like that and we knew that he was a great cutter and finisher, instead we or he kept trying to be the James Harden of our team when he was and always will be the 3rd or 4th best option on a team like Denver but it will make him look like Pippen because of that, and he will get paid like a star. We have also said if we could hit from the outside the inside would be wide open for Him.

THis team could have worked with vuc and gordon if we had Jameer and Rashard raining 3s or any 2 of the many 3 point shooters in the game. In fact it would have looked alot like denver if we had 2 shooters outside and vuc doing the jokic part.

On a side note i cant stand the denver broadcasters (they actually are decent overall) but it was very weird and annoying having them say "Jokic" then "joker" every other minute when talking about him.

7 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Said a lot of time that he was clearly misused here, the stat about Jokic compared with Vuc and Fournier tells a lot. I was already regretting the fact that he didn't have a chance to play in that new "era" without the Evan&Nik show, now I regret it even more, very bad timing.

At least, he was traded in one of the best possible situations, don't know if the Nuggets will be able to win it all, but they had a couple WOW playoffs in the last two seasons.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Said a lot of time that he was clearly misused here, the stat about Jokic compared with Vuc and Fournier tells a lot. I was already regretting the fact that he didn't have a chance to play in that new "era" without the Evan&Nik show, now I regret it even more, very bad timing.

At least, he was traded in one of the best possible situations, don't know if the Nuggets will be able to win it all, but they had a couple WOW playoffs in the last two seasons.

Obviously Aaron benefits from the amazing creativity of Jokic, but the biggest difference that’s really allowed him to thrive in Denver is their spacing. Vucevic was really good at a lot of things, especially near the end of his run, but we haven’t had a guard like Murray in a long long long time

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Obviously Aaron benefits from the amazing creativity of Jokic,

Sure, everyone playing with him does, but that doesn't justify the way we used him.

I rememeber a game, could have been three season ago or even more, in which he was given the defensive task of Harden, that was absolutely on fire on that period, and he did a wonderful job... even his words before the trade, tell me that he was not completely happy with the way he, and the team, was managed, and for that reason he wasn't full engaged as in those old times, when he seemed destined to be a First Team Defensive every season.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Sure, everyone playing with him does, but that doesn't justify the way we used him.

I rememeber a game, could have been three season ago or even more, in which he was given the defensive task of Harden, that was absolutely on fire on that period, and he did a wonderful job... even his words before the trade, tell me that he was not completely happy with the way he, and the team, was managed, and for that reason he wasn't full engaged as in those old times, when he seemed destined to be a First Team Defensive every season.

We always used him to guard the best perimeter offensive player on the other team?