Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

I have prepared and posted calendars for the remaining games in April and May.

For each month, I made a calendar without the times and a calendar with times

You can select one of the calendars and use it as a desktop wallpaper if you know how to do that.

MODS: IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD 'PIN' IT UP THERE WITH OTHER IMPORTANT THREADS! :)

I'm skeptical of Centers who are bad on defense and also skeptical of Centers being the focus of your offense.

Jokic is a weird case because he gets almost 10 assists and has an amazing squad around him

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m not a fan of KAT. I personally just want us to nail our picks and grow our prospects.

Could be KAT, could be another target, but I'm not sure we have enough talent with our prospect, especially offensive talent. At some point, maybe a bold move will be needed.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think one of my favorite things about the new team is that we went from being a laughably bad transition team to pretty exciting, and that part is only gonna get amplified when we get Markelle back

I've liked a few things I've seen too, but at the same time, the excitement is probably due to the fact that there are a lot of new faces, while before those trades we were running the same core for a long time. That excitement will go away sooner or later, and then we'll have to face reality again. :)

8 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I've liked a few things I've seen too, but at the same time, the excitement is probably due to the fact that there are a lot of new faces, while before those trades we were running the same core for a long time. That excitement will go away sooner or later, and then we'll have to face reality again. :)

Maybe so... good news is we’ll get even newer faces in the next couple months along with our 2 best players back. This is the most optimistic I’ve felt about this teams direction since pre-Dwightmare.

20 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

We're about to (more than likely) have 2 lottery picks added to this group. They'll keep the excitement going a little while longer. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're about to (more than likely) have 2 lottery picks added to this group. They'll keep the excitement going a little while longer. 

Exactly. Next year we are essentially adding 4 studs to our current rotation... 2 lotto picks plus Fultz and Isaac. Should be fun.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Exactly. Next year we are essentially adding 4 studs to our current rotation... 2 lotto picks plus Fultz and Isaac. Should be fun.

Hopefully.  Unfortunately there is probably at least a one in four chance we lose the Chicago pick this year.  Higher if they continue to play as poorly as they’ve played recently.  

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Hopefully.  Unfortunately there is probably at least a one in four chance we lose the Chicago pick this year.  Higher if they continue to play as poorly as they’ve played recently.  

They beat the Nets last night to be fair. 

And they're schedule eases up now. 

Three or four wins on the bounce and they could be the 12th pick with their top 4 odds halved.