Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Soo... Randle/Bacon/Ennis/Okeke/Carter/RJ/Bamba are active, need at least one of the other questionable guys listed to suit up, even if they don’t play. Next two nights are gonna be a fun reality check for those afraid that we’re gonna blow the tank

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Soo... Randle/Bacon/Ennis/Okeke/Carter/RJ/Bamba are active, need at least one of the other questionable guys listed to suit up, even if they don’t play. Next two nights are gonna be a fun reality check for those afraid that we’re gonna blow the tank

Anyone worried about the tank needs to look no further than this. We've won a couple games and now 4 out of 5 vets are all questionable.

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'm especially glad Ross and Birch will be out. We need the young bucks to get those minutes and shots.

Here's a potentially really dumb thought that's a long way from being anything other than hypothtical. If Isaac stays healthy are we like a prime candidate for trading for or pursuing KAT if/when he's available. 

An Okeke/Isaac/KAT frontcourt has a lot of potential to cover up Towns' less than ideal defense and could be dominant. 

Like let's say he demands a trade going into that 2023 off-season and his final year. We'll have the Bulls pick, Denver pick, our own picks, both 2021 picks on the roster in the form of young assets and probably at least one of WCJ or Bamba on a 10+ mil contract for some matching salary/serviceable center replacement. 

You'd obviously need at least some assurance from Towns that he wouldn't just leave. Then in theory you could try and keep your cap clean for the following summer when Devin Booker will be a free agent, Booker is Towns' best friend and (randomly but possibly helpfully) has ties to the Devos family. 

Anyway that's my early morning day dream.

Well, I guess it will be a waste of time posting one of my game thread starters since the majority of participants didn't show up for the party last night. / just kidding  90D214.jpg

Anyway, in a few minutes I will be posting a Game Thread Starter for tonight's game against Denver. . .if anyone is interested. The game starts at 10 pm (Est)   

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Here's a potentially really dumb thought that's a long way from being anything other than hypothtical. If Isaac stays healthy are we like a prime candidate for trading for or pursuing KAT if/when he's available. 

An Okeke/Isaac/KAT frontcourt has a lot of potential to cover up Towns' less than ideal defense and could be dominant.

It's actually not a dumb thought IMO, and that kind of path we should have taken a lot of time ago. I don't know if KAT, or other great players, will be available at the right time, but surely now we have at least some assets to present a serious offer. Still, for top players, you probably have to surrender a young good player plus the picks, so what if Minnesota ask for Okeke or Isaac? Or Fultz? Carter and Bamba are probably not enough to entice them, and also depends on the kind of contract they'll sign next season, if they do.

44 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

It's actually not a dumb thought IMO, and that kind of path we should have taken a lot of time ago. I don't know if KAT, or other great players, will be available at the right time, but surely now we have at least some assets to present a serious offer. Still, for top players, you probably have to surrender a young good player plus the picks, so what if Minnesota ask for Okeke or Isaac? Or Fultz? Carter and Bamba are probably not enough to entice them, and also depends on the kind of contract they'll sign next season, if they do.

Well you'd make the call if the trade becomes possible between balancing putting a team around KAT vs having to give a guy up. By this time we'll have both 2021 picks on the roster and we might be in a position where we have a promising youngster behind Okeke and Isaac who has enough value to move the needle in a trade. But I don't think you ever give up Isaac if he's that DPOY level we hope he can be since the whole appeal is they complement each other so well. 

I think one of my favorite things about the new team is that we went from being a laughably bad transition team to pretty exciting, and that part is only gonna get amplified when we get Markelle back