Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

#unleash Ennis!

Lol! I'm ready to see Bamba and Chuma for 30 games. Also, Cole and Ross will be back. Ross on twitter and chucking up 20 shots is more then worth a few watches. 

Who has the worst record at the end of year? The Magic or Houston?

Bonus points if Clifford is ejected a few times.

What's the over/under?

13 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

AG is gonna where number 50, probably reference to the dunk contest “mr.50”

AG was robbed of his "dunk' championship. Just the fact that he obsesses over it shows me he still doesn't get it. I'm a Gordon fan. 

Watching him in the playoffs will be number one on my list of post Magic players. I have no faith in the Bulls and ***** the Celtics. 

Praying AG stays healthy, couldn't think of a better place for him then getting passes from Jokic. And teams scrambling to defend Murray at the 3 point line. 

Put up or shut up time. The title is wide open because this year I can't see people staying healthy for four rounds.Kyrie,Durant,Embiid,Lebron,AD,Kawhi,PG,Chris Paul....whoever. Opens the door for the more healthy or complete teams to finally get a chip. Utah and Milwaukee leading the pack.Denver right behind, but no way they have the defense to go all the way. Most of their players cannot play defense. That's where Aaron comes in.

This is the year a younger team wins it all. The exception is the Nets. If they can stay healthy. 

I see disaster with both L.A. teams. Because of health and huge flaws, the bubble was unique. 

I would bet on the Bucks and or Utah but if the Nets or either L.A. team wins it will take great health and kinda ruin the NBA. 

Philly is a low-key dark horse. Definately good enough to win it all like Toronto. Obviously would be a favorite if they get Embiid healthy, and deserve it 

35 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

AG was robbed of his "dunk' championship. Just the fact that he obsesses over it shows me he still doesn't get it. I'm a Gordon fan. 

Watching him in the playoffs will be number one on my list of post Magic players. I have no faith in the Bulls and ***** the Celtics. 

Praying AG stays healthy, couldn't think of a better place for him then getting passes from Jokic. And teams scrambling to defend Murray at the 3 point line. 

Put up or shut up time. The title is wide open because this year I can't see people staying healthy for four rounds.Kyrie,Durant,Embiid,Lebron,AD,Kawhi,PG,Chris Paul....whoever. Opens the door for the more healthy or complete teams to finally get a chip. Utah and Milwaukee leading the pack.Denver right behind, but no way they have the defense to go all the way. Most of their players cannot play defense. That's where Aaron comes in.

I think Gordon will prove that he’s better than people gave him credit of being 

Just to keep everyone excited...

“He is an analytics darling in a lot of ways,’’ Schmitz said. ``ESPN.com’s Kevin Pelton, the genius of the numbers, had him ranked No. 2 (among available players). So, this is a guy that analytics models really liked, and basketball people clearly liked in terms of his versatility, in terms of his ability to shoot the ball, and his feel for the game,’’ Schmitz added. ``The ACL injury probably dropped him a little bit. We thought it was going to drop him further. But with modern medicine nowadays, I think he’ll be back in no time. This is a guy who is really going to help the Orlando Magic at the next level.’’

https://www.nba.com/magic/draft-experts-think-okeke-could-be-steal-draft-20190621

54 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Just to keep everyone excited...

“He is an analytics darling in a lot of ways,’’ Schmitz said. ``ESPN.com’s Kevin Pelton, the genius of the numbers, had him ranked No. 2 (among available players). So, this is a guy that analytics models really liked, and basketball people clearly liked in terms of his versatility, in terms of his ability to shoot the ball, and his feel for the game,’’ Schmitz added. ``The ACL injury probably dropped him a little bit. We thought it was going to drop him further. But with modern medicine nowadays, I think he’ll be back in no time. This is a guy who is really going to help the Orlando Magic at the next level.’’

https://www.nba.com/magic/draft-experts-think-okeke-could-be-steal-draft-20190621

There were a lot of people around the time of the draft saying it was a bad pick as he would still be available in the 2nd round. There was an interview with Weltman not long after the draft where he was asked why they picked him in the 1st round, he admitted that they knew there were 2 other teams looking at him. He wouldn't say who those teams were but one was rumoured to be San Antonio who picked just 3 spots after us. There's plenty of other interviews where he was asked could you have got him in the 2nd round and he just flat out goes nope, he wouldn't have been available.

Think it was a fair punt in trying to get a player that was probably slightly better than his actual draft position especially when you're picking outside the lottery. I have high hopes that he will prove to be a solid bench guy in this league and that's pretty solid for a 16 pick.

Really curious to see how Clifford runs the rotation with vets vs development... needless to say, I don’t trust him to play the right guys. Depth chart when Cole gets back should be:

Cole/MCW

Ross/RJ

Porter/Ennis

Okeke/Birch

Carter/Bamba 

With Harris sitting out to get healthy and Bacon, Randle, Mane as your injury depth

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really curious to see how Clifford runs the rotation with vets vs development... needless to say, I don’t trust him to play the right guys. Depth chart when Cole gets back should be:

Cole/MCW

Ross/RJ

Porter/Ennis

Okeke/Birch

Carter/Bamba 

With Harris sitting out to get healthy and Bacon, Randle, Mane as your injury depth

TBF that looks about right. Clifford loves him some Bacon though.