Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Come on guys. Isn't this what has been talked about for the past 2 or 3 yrs. . .we won't this guy traded and that guy traded [not naming names].

We are on a new journey now.

You wanted to go young and play a new updated and today's brand of nba basketball.

Well, hopefully, that's what we will get. It may not happen this season or next season. But we will get there! 

So, stop longing for that old girl friend you departed with. Because she caused you nothing but heartache and pain.

As the saying goes: "When one door closes, another one opens" that changes your life for the better.

GO MAGIC!!!

I can't say that I am sorry to see Fournier gone - I'm just disappointed that all we got for him was 2 - 2nd round picks, a trade exception, and roster space. Hopefully we can use the exception and roster spot to make this seem less one-sided in Boston's favor?

Vuc/Aminu for Wendell Carter, Jr., Otto Porter, Jr (expiring), and two protected firsts in 2021 and 2023 - I don't hate this deal, and it does clear up our cap a bit. No way we pay Porter his FA cap hold next summer, so this is probably just a waive/cap space over the summer. 

Gordon/Clark for Harris/Hampton and a protected 1st in 2025 - again, I am a little disappointed that this is all we got for Gordon, but this could be a sneaky good trade down the road. Remember Harris was a top FA a couple years ago before injuries, and Hampton was once a top-5 recruit out of high school a couple years ago. 

I can't say that I feel like management did a very good job with maximizing our return on existing assets. I am not entirely without hope, but this is definitely not what I would have expected to receive for what we gave up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I can't say that I am sorry to see Fournier gone - I'm just disappointed that all we got for him was 2 - 2nd round picks, a trade exception, and roster space. Hopefully we can use the exception and roster spot to make this seem less one-sided in Boston's favor?

Vuc/Aminu for Wendell Carter, Jr., Otto Porter, Jr (expiring), and two protected firsts in 2021 and 2023 - I don't hate this deal, and it does clear up our cap a bit. No way we pay Porter his FA cap hold next summer, so this is probably just a waive/cap space over the summer. 

Gordon/Clark for Harris/Hampton and a protected 1st in 2025 - again, I am a little disappointed that this is all we got for Gordon, but this could be a sneaky good trade down the road. Remember Harris was a top FA a couple years ago before injuries, and Hampton was once a top-5 recruit out of high school a couple years ago. 

I can't say that I feel like management did a very good job with maximizing our return on existing assets. I am not entirely without hope, but this is definitely not what I would have expected to receive for what we gave up.

Exactly!!! It’s not that I’m mad or sad to let these players go with the tiny little exception of AG because I’d love to see how he would play being used properly. Other than that I’m just upset we got so little value. It is what it is at this point and I hope nothing but the best for the players leaving and the one’s coming in. Let’s hope this rebuild is a quick one and our injured guys come back 100% and hungry. 

22 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:
Eight player available:

Bacon
Bamba
Birch
Carter-Williams
Ennis
Mane
Okeke
Randle

MCW/Randle

Bacon/Mane

Ennis/Bacon

Okeke/Ennis/Birch

Birch/Bamba

That is a frightening rotation. 

38 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

MCW/Randle

Bacon/Mane

Ennis/Bacon

Okeke/Ennis/Birch

Birch/Bamba

That is a frightening rotation. 

Might struggle to crack 80 points. 

HOLY CRAP...unless MCW plays the best game of his career, and ennis and bamba both post career games, i think this will look like a college game - im guessing 20 turnovers tonight and they full court press us.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

They saw our lineup and thought 'nah let's rest Dame we don't need him'

I hope they are right