Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

If the Magic play like they did against the Nets, I think they can handle Boston.

I know Boston has Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker. But Walker has not been playing all that great recently.

With the type of defense the Magic played against the Nets, I think we have a chance of beating Boston.

Boston has lost 3 in a row. So let's catch them "with their pants down".  90D214.jpg

An interesting what if is: we trade Ross and take back no long term salary which enables us to resign Fournier. It's not something I'm particularly excited about but I think if we want to be a playoff team next season it might make sense. 

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

An interesting what if is: we trade Ross and take back no long term salary which enables us to resign Fournier. It's not something I'm particularly excited about but I think if we want to be a playoff team next season it might make sense. 

So like, Ship Terrence for an expiring and a pick is the thought here? Possibly a prospect on an extremely light rookie deal as well?

43 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

No. I’d lose my mind.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So like, Ship Terrence for an expiring and a pick is the thought here? Possibly a prospect on an extremely light rookie deal as well?

Yea something like that.

40 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

No. I’d lose my mind.

Like I said I'm not excited about it but it makes some sense.

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea something like that.

Like I said I'm not excited about it but it makes some sense.

Don’t say that too loud Weltham may here you and think it’s a good idea lol. In all seriousness though if the FO decided to do that they are delusional and should all be fired starting with ownership for allowing such travesty. 

Fournier might be the worst playoff player in Magic history. He wilts against physical defenders and also plays hero ball to the detriment of the team. One of the keys to establishing a new identity and create shots for others is to close the chapter on Fournier’s Magic tenure.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fournier might be the worst playoff player in Magic history. He wilts against physical defenders and also plays hero ball to the detriment of the team. One of the keys to establishing a new identity and create shots for others is to close the chapter on Fournier’s Magic tenure.

To an extent this is Vuc’s problem as well he can’t handle physical defenders which is why he was shut down by Marc Gasol when we played Toronto. We can’t have our 1st and 2nd option have the same weaknesses and expect any other results than what we’ve had these last 7 years. Vuc is the no brainer we need to keep since he’s the Allstar I’m just not sure management is ready to move on from this clearly failed experiment. I’m hoping they prove me wrong though and finally trade Fournier even if it’s just for a bag of chips. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

To an extent this is Vuc’s problem as well he can’t handle physical defenders which is why he was shut down by Marc Gasol when we played Toronto. We can’t have our 1st and 2nd option have the same weaknesses and expect any other results than what we’ve had these last 7 years. Vuc is the no brainer we need to keep since he’s the Allstar I’m just not sure management is ready to move on from this clearly failed experiment. I’m hoping they prove me wrong though and finally trade Fournier even if it’s just for a bag of chips. 

Feel like Vucevic put in the time and improved and even changed his play style after that Toronto series. Brook Lopez last year is about on par as a physical defender  as Gasol was the year before, but Vooch really implemented the quick release jumper in to his game. It’s also why he’s been so consistent this year, even against guys that he used to struggle with.

Agree with your initial point and everyone else’s sentiments, if the trade deadline moves revolve around clearing money to keep Evan Fournier without hitting the luxury tax I’ll be very upset. 

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Ross ruled out already for Sunday two games removed from dropping 31 and looking excellent. Seems a little suspect...

Only counter I can think of is that it’s an early afternoon road game. My guess is they just told him to stay home and rest and be ready for Tuesday, but who knows. It’s the time of year to speculate for sure

Davis still out for the Lakers, LeBron goes down with a high ankle sprain today, they got a 6 game lead on 9 seed GS with 30 games to play. Don’t think they’ll miss the playoffs, but they may have to be surprise buyers. Not a lot to give up though