Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

If this is actually true, I would be ecstatic if we ship Aminu and a 2022 2nd rd pick for Dinwiddie.

It would do us wonders, not only by giving us some of the scoring punch we need, but he will be fit to play only next season so he wouldn't jeopardize our odds for this years draft. :)

i think they mean someone like evan fournier... Aminu is a journeyman/bench player. That may be a roleplayer, but for spencer i cant see them trading a starter down to a bench 6-8 man.

EDIT: haha i should read the article

“Dinwiddie can be obtained for a role player off the bench who can contribute this season as Brooklyn chases a title and a future second-round pick, league sources told HoopsHype,” wrote Michael Scotto of HoopsHype.com.

I WOULD DO THIS IN A HEARTBEAT... I dont mind letting dinwiddie, isaac, fultz and cole all get healthy this year and start fultz and spencer with cole coming off the bench

NBA trade intel: Aaron Gordon, Spencer Dinwiddie, Nemanja Bjelica and more

Michael Scotto

Fri, March 19, 2021, 6:30 AM

Aaron Gordon is one of the most talented players who has come up in trade rumors, but the price to obtain him is not cheap. To pry Gordon from the Magic, it would cost a first-round pick and a good young player, league sources told HoopsHype. The 25-year-old forward is entering the prime of his career while shooting a career-best 36.5 percent from beyond the arc and is owed a manageable $16.4 million for next season. HoopsHype’s salary cap expert Yossi Gozlan recently examined potential trade destinations for Gordon, including the Timberwolves, Trail Blazers, Rockets, Celtics, Nuggets, and Pistons.

With Orlando on a nine-game losing streak, Gordon isn’t the only starter on the Magic drawing interest. Several teams have also expressed exploratory interest in guard Evan Fournier who’s in the final year of his contract, league sources told HoopsHype. Terrence Ross, whose contract declines over the next two seasons at $12.5 million and $11.5 million, could replace Fournier as a starter if the Frenchman leaves in free agency. And yes, teams have called on Nikola Vucevic as well, but Orlando remains reluctant to part with its two-time All-Star during the best season of his career.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JayMac said:

If this is actually true, I would be ecstatic if we ship Aminu and a 2022 2nd rd pick for Dinwiddie.

It would do us wonders, not only by giving us some of the scoring punch we need, but he will be fit to play only next season so he wouldn't jeopardize our odds for this years draft. :)

If we get Dinwiddie for Aminu and a 2nd, I’ll fly back home, streak a lap around Lake Eola, jump straight in to one of those Swan paddle boats upside down using my hands for the pedals and drive around until they inevitably arrest me

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If we get Dinwiddie for Aminu and a 2nd, I’ll fly back home, streak a lap around Lake Eola, jump straight in to one of those Swan paddle boats upside down using my hands for the pedals and drive around until they inevitably arrest me

7yXSdG.gif

Hfq3Zp.gif

We’re all talking about trading the wrong guy. Vooch is the one to trade, we have Bamba ready to develop and he will get the best return. 

Hasn't been much positive to say about this season outside of Vuc. But if Aaron Gordon is going to be a 36%+ guy from 3... I don't think you can trade him for anything short of an all-star level talent. I'm actually starting to think the best thing for Orlando this week will be if we trade Fournier and Ross for younger, cheaper options. Money-wise, it's a stupid move not to trade Fournier, because you can't really re-sign him unless you trade Gordon and Ross.

So trade Fournier for an overpaid expiring vet and either a pick or a young guy (something like Danny Green and a pick), because that's all you're getting out of him. Helps the tank this year and you don't lose him for nothing. Trade Ross for similar (you don't have to trade Ross, but I would). If Vuc has a couple more years left with this level of crazy production, you keep him and try to be competitive once these young guys get healthy. Imagine going forward with Fultz, Cade, Gordon, Isaac, Vuc... Even if Fultz doesn't come back strong, you can usually get a decent veteran guard to run next to Cade for Seth Curry type money until Fultz or Anthony take the spot. Even if you don't get Cade, so long as Fultz or Anthony develop, you are in a better situation than just rebooting the whole thing...

Because what are you going to get for a full reset? No one is trading top picks for Vuc, because no one who wants Vuc is going to have top picks to trade. I get the trade Vuc thought. Reset, start young, yadayada. It's not the worst idea. But I think if Gordan and Vuc are this version of themselves going forward, and if Fultz and Isaac return at full strength, and you add a top five pick from this lost year, the team's already in great shape to build something special. Yes, that's a lot of IFs. But we've seen so far that tanking long-term is a massive amount of IFs. And you already have as good a shot as you're going to get this coming draft at lucking into a generational talent. So IF you get Cade, this way he's not developing on some dumpster fire of a rebuilding roster, but on an already solid team.

Oh, and for the love of God, trade Birch. Save Clifford from himself, just trade Birch and let Bamba play. It cannot possibly hurt the team. If he's garbage, that's great. More tank. If he's good, he's not going to be getting enough minutes to save the team from the tank. But seriously, trade Birch.

Dinwiddie is an interesting option, but another long term injury uncertainity, and also how he fits with Fultz-Cole?

2 hours ago, matthi32 said:

I think we should try to get a deal with the Warriors. Something like Vuc and Fournier (or Ross) for Wiseman, Wiggins and the MIN-Pick (https://tradenba.com/trades/xZzY9Vkc_). This trade would help the Warriors to win now and we get some nice assets for the future.

Yes, that’s my dream scenario. I’d even use AG instead of Fournier in the package. Unfortunately, I don’t think GS would do it.

5 hours ago, matthi32 said:

I think we should try to get a deal with the Warriors. Something like Vuc and Fournier (or Ross) for Wiseman, Wiggins and the MIN-Pick (https://tradenba.com/trades/xZzY9Vkc_). This trade would help the Warriors to win now and we get some nice assets for the future.

The interesting thing about this scenario is that I would probably do this if I were Golden State, but they won't. I don't think they would do it even without the Min-pick thrown in. It's a philosophy thing. I don't think they're willing to deal future assets for win-now moves. Foolish, yes, considering the likelihood that they are immediately championship competitive with Vuc/Fournier. Literally, I think a lineup of Curry/Fournier/Oubre/Draymond/Vuc with the still very solid bench they would have could win it all this year. Not a sure thing, but I think their chances would be as good as anyone else's. But I don't think Golden State is really thinking championship anymore. Curry/Klay/Draymond has three championships. The money will keep coming in from fans so long as those guys are there and they're in the playoffs. They're just looking to maintain the fan-base beyond the next few years by having new young assets to market after Curry/Klay/Draymond. Which makes financial sense, especially considering Covid protocols and fallout are likely to have major effects on fans in the stadium for the next year at least.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe GS management is more competitive than that. But I sincerely doubt GS makes any moves away from Wiseman or the Min pick for anything short of Brad Beal. And I'm not sure they'd do even that.

I would love to have Wiseman on our team. Isaac playing alongside Wiseman would be amazing! If not Wiseman, I wouldn't mind a trade for Eric Paschall. He is a power forward who can play center, and he's a bruiser. He's a little short for center at 6' 6", but it works for the Warriors when they play "small ball" like when Draymond Green plays center.

I know, we don't need anymore power forwards, but maybe we can swap birch for Paschall. He can even shoot 3's.

Paschall is only 24 yrs. old.

Oh, and he played college basketball at Villanova.

mZ3l2T.jpg

ejqujO.jpg

OJ2j7d.jpg

JJJCSp.jpg