Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

5 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

CEO since 2006?  I thought Vander Weide was in charge till 2012.

Maybe, i only quoted his Wiki. Either way he has been here with the Magic his whole career, he is coasting now.

Has to be Fournier to Boston, Denver or Dallas. We need one of Hampton, Langford/Nesmith, or Terry/Green/Bey for him.  Come on Weltham pull the trigger 

35 minutes ago, harley said:

Has to be Fournier to Boston, Denver or Dallas. We need one of Hampton, Langford/Nesmith, or Terry/Green/Bey for him.  Come on Weltham pull the trigger 

I think Ross might wind up in Denver, some sort of package where we take on Barton or Harris and get RJ, Bol or Nnaji back. Also think we’ll send Fournier and Birch packaged somewhere but no idea for what. I also don’t think team management will actually ever deal Vucevic, fully prepared for him to retire here, but if we did I’d love the proposed deal with the Spurs linked above.

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:
I’d do this deal in a NY minute...

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fmagic.png
MAGIC GET
LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE
DEVIN VASSELL
LUKA SAMANIC
2 FUTURE 1ST ROUND PICKS
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fspurs.png
SPURS GET
NIKOLA VUCEVIC

This is fine I guess, tho I would hope we got Keldon Johnson instead of Samanic.

personally I don’t really want to trade Vuc, even tho I know he would bring in the best return. I think there is a world where you can move Fournier and AG (and maybe Ross) to get some young pieces and cap relief, which combined with a healthy roster (a big if), a high draft pick, and ideally a coach with a modern offensive scheme would produce a compelling team

I have no desire to trade Vuc. Any Vuc trade is going to be for a bunch of stuff (young players, draft picks) that probably won't turn into as good a player as Vuc is. 

We have a 2 time all star here, right now, playing the best basketball of his life. More than that, he wants to be here. 

I think people who want to trade Vuc need to ask themselves if they ever want to have a good basketball team or if they're happy always chasing potential and the future. Vuc is a top 5 center in the league, in his prime, with a game that should age rather gracefully and under contract. There's no reason we shouldn't be looking at ways to continue to build with him. This year's been a right off because of all the injuries but we're going to have a lottery pick, Cole Anthony looks like he has potential, Chuma Okeke has potential, Fultz and Isaac will be back (hopefully) we have guys with value that we can trade like Fournier, Ross, AG. 

With even middling amounts of injury luck Vuc would be dragging this roster to the playoffs. We should see it as a blessing that his game has gone to another level AND we get a high lottery pick. 

A good draft pick, a decent roleplayer with the MLE and everybody mostly healthy and we can be a playoff team next year. More than that we'd be a playoff team with a lot of young guys (at minimum it'll be Cole, Chuma and a rookie plus Fultz, Isaac and Bamba are early 20s still) that could help raise our ceiling either via development or trade. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I have no desire to trade Vuc. Any Vuc trade is going to be for a bunch of stuff (young players, draft picks) that probably won't turn into as good a player as Vuc is. 

We have a 2 time all star here, right now, playing the best basketball of his life. More than that, he wants to be here. 

I think people who want to trade Vuc need to ask themselves if they ever want to have a good basketball team or if they're happy always chasing potential and the future. Vuc is a top 5 center in the league, in his prime, with a game that should age rather gracefully and under contract. There's no reason we shouldn't be looking at ways to continue to build with him. This year's been a right off because of all the injuries but we're going to have a lottery pick, Cole Anthony looks like he has potential, Chuma Okeke has potential, Fultz and Isaac will be back (hopefully) we have guys with value that we can trade like Fournier, Ross, AG. 

With even middling amounts of injury luck Vuc would be dragging this roster to the playoffs. We should see it as a blessing that his game has gone to another level AND we get a high lottery pick. 

A good draft pick, a decent roleplayer with the MLE and everybody mostly healthy and we can be a playoff team next year. More than that we'd be a playoff team with a lot of young guys (at minimum it'll be Cole, Chuma and a rookie plus Fultz, Isaac and Bamba are early 20s still) that could help raise our ceiling either via development or trade. 

I hear you but don’t see our timeline the same as you. Given the severity of their injuries, I don’t have faith that Fultz and Isaac will have fully healthy and productive seasons next year. Thus, we could possibly be rolling out very young players, has-been vets, and Vooch next year. That kind of squad will not be competitive. Maybe they make the playoffs and get bounced in the first round. I’d rather cash in and reset. Our roster has a very long way to go at this point. For me, the only reason we keep Vooch is to help our young guys develop. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There's no reason we shouldn't be looking at ways to continue to build with him.

I actually feel exactly the opposite, but you already know it! :)
And Soul, I don't really know if in all those years, our young guys have developed the right way playing in that kind of style that having Vuc in the middle requires.

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

And Soul, I don't really know if in all those years, our young guys have developed the right way playing in that kind of style that having Vuc in the middle requires.

I think that’s a fair point to consider. We’ve really struggled developing talent over recent years. Whether that’s our coaching, our system, or our roster, I don’t know. I just think we’re a ways out from truly competing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I think that’s a fair point to consider. We’ve really struggled developing talent over recent years. Whether that’s our coaching, our system, or our roster, I don’t know. I just think we’re a ways out from truly competing.

Our roster with Vucevic has really reminded me of the Warriors run right before they made their title runs. David Lee was a stud, and an all-star but it was fully at the detriment of the rest of the teams skill set. I appreciate everything Vooch has meant to this franchise but you can’t help but wonder how guys like Aaron, Elfrid, Victor, just to name a few, would have developed here if we ran a system based on their skills instead of forcing them to slow down the pace.

• Upvote 2