Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

How is it still 2 weeks until the deadline?! 

It's this bizzaro season. I can't wait for it to end honestly.

• Upvote 1

Very happy about Lakeland winning the G League. Think being a part of that run could do wonders for Karim Mane's growth. Devin Cannady was with us on an Exhibit 10 deal and looked like an undersized SG but he's played PG with Lakeland and has won a Championship and was Finals MVP that could be huge for his potential as an NBA player if he can play PG. I wonder if he'll get a roster spot next year with us, or if maybe we'll replace Randle with him to close out this season. 

What's most important is that Lakeland are playing in the same vision that Weltman and Hammond have for the Orlando Magic which is having positional size, being long and athletic and playing great defense. (They also take and make a bunch of 3 point shots which we still haven't really seen Weltman and Hammond make a concerted effort to add which is a little interesting).

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Very happy about Lakeland winning the G League. Think being a part of that run could do wonders for Karim Mane's growth. Devin Cannady was with us on an Exhibit 10 deal and looked like an undersized SG but he's played PG with Lakeland and has won a Championship and was Finals MVP that could be huge for his potential as an NBA player if he can play PG. I wonder if he'll get a roster spot next year with us, or if maybe we'll replace Randle with him to close out this season. 

What's most important is that Lakeland are playing in the same vision that Weltman and Hammond have for the Orlando Magic which is having positional size, being long and athletic and playing great defense. (They also take and make a bunch of 3 point shots which we still haven't really seen Weltman and Hammond make a concerted effort to add which is a little interesting).

Outside of exhibiting vets for trades, there’s no reason some of these young guys shouldn’t be playing on our actual team. That’s my hope post-trade deadline.