Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

The Kings are a perfect trade partner. They hit on the late lottery last year with Halliburton. Fox is getting a raise of about 20 million next year but they were smart and the contracts of Hield and Barnes lower each year by 2 million. They have several expiring contracts so they could just sit tight or maybe trade Bjelica and Whiteside. Finally, Cory josephs contract is only partially guaranteed next year. It's a 2.4 million buyout. Right now they are 4-5 games out of the 8th seed. Now the question is what do they want to do? 

Two franchises, we could switch pieces easily and both try to compete next year, or one franchise can reset. I can see a few trades where we both switch a few players and go for it, or one side just gives in for that sweet lottery pick from the other side. In just one of about 4 different trades i can see them wanting Vucevic, but kiss that 2021 pick goodbye. I can see them giving up on Hield for salary relief. I can see them trading Barnes for a better defense. So much potential. Surely we could make a trade with them that works for both teams. 

Edit. They will most certainly make a trade. I only bring them up because they seem like the west coast version of the Magic. I didn't realize how many affordable contracts they have, or that Joseph's contract was only partially guaranteed. Both Holmes and Whiteside are cheap expiring centers. Barnes is playing great this year. They might try for a big contract, they could certainly use Vucevic. 

36 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The Kings are a perfect trade partner. They hit on the late lottery last year with Halliburton. Fox is getting a raise of about 20 million next year but they were smart and the contracts of Hield and Barnes lower each year by 2 million. They have several expiring contracts so they could just sit tight or maybe trade Bjelica and Whiteside. Finally, Cory josephs contract is only partially guaranteed next year. It's a 2.4 million buyout. Right now they are 4-5 games out of the 8th seed. Now the question is what do they want to do? 

Two franchises, we could switch pieces easily and both try to compete next year, or one franchise can reset. I can see a few trades where we both switch a few players and go for it, or one side just gives in for that sweet lottery pick from the other side. In just one of about 4 different trades i can see them wanting Vucevic, but kiss that 2021 pick goodbye. I can see them giving up on Hield for salary relief. I can see them trading Barnes for a better defense. So much potential. Surely we could make a trade with them that works for both teams. 

Edit. They will most certainly make a trade. I only bring them up because they seem like the west coast version of the Magic. I didn't realize how many affordable contracts they have, or that Joseph's contract was only partially guaranteed. Both Holmes and Whiteside are cheap expiring centers. Barnes is playing great this year. They might try for a big contract, they could certainly use Vucevic. 

If we want another pick in this draft then trading with the kings is probably our best option

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

He is really a bad player, i know he is having a down year this year but check out some of his highlights. He is a very poor offensive player, who is supposed to be a good facilitator and decent on defense. Neither is true which is why both the Jazz and Suns gave up on him. Why the Wolves brought him back is beyond my understanding. 

He left the Jazz in free agency and the Suns traded him for Chris freaking Paul. I'm not pretending he's as good as Chris Paul but I'm not sure how you can say he's not a good facilitator.

I just desperately want a top 3 pick. This is the year to be up there, it’s absolutely loaded in the top 5-6 spots. 

Im all in on Cunningham, Kuminga, or Green.

Suggs is obviously a helluva talent too, but could clash with Fultz as a lead guard. And I would like to still see what Fultz could do as the lead point.  

Although Cunningham would also dominate the ball quite a bit, if he was the pick....just too good of a talent to pass on. 

Green is the obvious fit as a Jaylen Brown ceiling 2 guard, that could potentially become a premier scorer.

and Kuminga would be that unicorn-ish 3/4 that could play alongside Isaac and hopefully be everything this fan base ever wanted Gordon to be and more.

hate to root against your own team....but I’ll take those Ls for the betterment of the teams future. 

I really doubt Orlando deals Vooch this year...but if they did....the two teams you keep hearing are Boston and Charlotte. Bleh. Boston literally has nothing I would want in return. And any picks you get from these guys are going to be damn near useless in the late 20s probably with Vooch in the fold.

at the very least in charlottes case...you can build something around Miles Bridges, PJ Washington (who just scored 42points in a start), and picks that could still potentially be of value. Maybe even ask for Malik Monk or something.

still not super ideal or anything tho. 

Now if the Knicks called with Barrett and Toppin...I may listen. Lol. 

In hindsight I wonder if Orlando could have had the opportunity to land Gary Trent Jr or Anfreenee Simons when they were dangling Gordon to Portland. 

i would kill for a skilled two guard with a nice ceiling. 

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He left the Jazz in free agency and the Suns traded him for Chris freaking Paul. I'm not pretending he's as good as Chris Paul but I'm not sure how you can say he's not a good facilitator.

He was outplayed by Cameron Payne. I searched for a highlight i saw on r/NBA just the other day. It was pathetic, Rubio couldn't get the ball up for a last second shot he was blocked twice and turned it over like 5 times the same game. Like i said sometimes you just have to watch the games. I think Ricky has been living off his old rep for awhile now. I honestly think some GM's just don't watch the NBA.

Here is an example, every time i look up Buddy Hields numbers i want to trade for him. His shooting numbers and effective field goal percentage are fantastic most years for a guard. Then i wonder why he doesn't average more points or why his advanced numbers suck this year. So i watch him play a bit. The guy can't dribble, can't pass and is out of place on defense a lot. He needs other players to set up his shots, but he is an excellent shooter at least. So he does have one elite skill. Part of me would still like to see Buddy next to Futlz, but the other side of me  thinks he will never improve the rest of his game. Could be his coach.

Buddy Hield will be 29 next season. Obviously that’s not incredibly up there or anything, but I don’t know if he’d be on the same plain of development...if the plan would be to build around guys in their early 20s...ala Fultz, Isaac, Cole, and probably a top 5 pick. 

9 minutes ago, Coachdp3 said:

We could also go after the GS (Minnesota) pick using AG and EF. With that pick and our own, we can get 2 scorers from top 5 of draft.

GS wouldn't do that trade.

Soul Bro trade targets:

- MN pick (GS)

- Wiseman (GS)

- Vassell (SA)

- Johnson (SA)

- Nesmith (BOS)

Obviously, I have no idea if these targets are available. Who are some other good targets?

• Like 1