Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

33 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Was about to say the same thing.  His trade value would be going down based on his recent play.  He had a stretch of a few games where he looked ready to play, and played with some intensity.  Remember when he played an entire fourth quarter and looked really good?  People were rightly criticizing Clifford for not capitalizing on that by playing Mo more.  But then for whatever combination of reasons it didn’t last. Very disappointing! 

He is going to be our 8 million back-up center next year. Then he is going to be non tendered. He will be the next Mario, we won't even get a second rounder for him like we did with Elfrid. I'm telling you if we don't trade him this month that is what will happen. For those who still believe, what is the best scenario? He comes in next year as the undisputed back-up and plays well. He will not be offered an extension like Fultz and Isaac. If you read up on rookie contracts that are not extended you will find that 90% of the time those players do not stay with the team. Most get released because they are no good. Some are signed and traded like Brogdon, but you need to have the cap space to complete the trade. Some are signed by other teams at ****ty contracts that can't be matched. Other players get released and a team pays him stupid money. Think Jabari Parker when the Bucks released him and stupid Chicago paid him big money. 

I cannot see a future where he is on this team unless Vucevic is traded before next season and Bamba  plays very well. If he plays well behind Vucevic next season, he is going to want more playing time and more money which almost always leads to a different team. You can't pay mediocre players good money, it's what keeps teams in cap hell. 

In our last three losses, Evan has shot 28FG%, 33FG% and 35FG%, and Terrence has shot 33FG%, 11FG%, 25FG%. Folks, these are our second and third offensive options. We need a serious roster upgrade (and healthy players) if we’re going to be truly competitive.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

In our last three losses, Evan has shot 28FG%, 33FG% and 35FG%, and Terrence has shot 33FG%, 11FG%, 25FG%. Folks, these are our second and third offensive options. We need a serious roster upgrade (and healthy players) if we’re going to be truly competitive.

The worst part about this is thatvboth just keep chucking. Evan in the role he’s in with the starting 5 I guess has to because only he and Vooch in that lineup can actually score, but Ross playing the way he does directly effects the development of Bamba and Okeke, and that sucks. There’s been so many times over the past few games where I’m yelling at Ross forcing a shot over 3 defenders when he has Mo and Chuma wide open around him. It’s time for him to go be a sniper on a contender where he’d actually help the team overall cause right now even when he has his good games, he’s inefficient and full of empty stats.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The worst part about this is thatvboth just keep chucking. Evan in the role he’s in with the starting 5 I guess has to because only he and Vooch in that lineup can actually score, but Ross playing the way he does directly effects the development of Bamba and Okeke, and that sucks. There’s been so many times over the past few games where I’m yelling at Ross forcing a shot over 3 defenders when he has Mo and Chuma wide open around him. It’s time for him to go be a sniper on a contender where he’d actually help the team overall cause right now even when he has his good games, he’s inefficient and full of empty stats.

Ross drives me crazy. The number of times he takes a contested 18 footer off the dribble while someone stands wide open is infuriating. I understand, not playing with an NBA calibre PG might be affecting that (i.e. he has to try and create more for himself) but I just wish he'd stop trying to force his offense as much and just take what the defense gives him.

I mean Ross is more or less a one dimensional player he comes off the bench to score and that is his role. The plays that are run for him are basically what the Clippers and Philly ran for JJ Redick except JJ would back cut as well

26 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I mean Ross is more or less a one dimensional player he comes off the bench to score and that is his role. The plays that are run for him are basically what the Clippers and Philly ran for JJ Redick except JJ would back cut as well

Nah, JJ has dribbled the ball less in his career than Ross has so far this season

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

It’s a shame because he was a much more rounded player in Toronto. Probably because they didn’t ask him to do what we are asking

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don't agree with the bolded part, any more than I think Ross should take contested off balance shots rather than pass to an open teammate.  Bacon, Ennis, and even Aminu have all shown they can score when they get an open look.  When Vuch and Fournier play 2 v 5 on offense, everyone else's offense suffers, they never get in rhythm, and the other team makes Fournier take difficult shots that he's more likely to miss.  It's a lose-lose approach.  The other night Ennis got like 11 points in a few minutes when they finally started passing to him for open shots.