Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

7 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Management doesn't have the balls to trade anyone. Like most people have pointed out our most desirable guys are on good contracts. Almost no way to get good value back unless we are going for picks and salary dumps. No way in hell they do that. Right now i think the safest trade would be a 3 teamer where Evan goes somewhere and we get a veteran point guard who could start until Fultz is healthy. George Hill makes alot of sense but i doubt he wants to be here. He only costs 10 million and his contract is only partially guaranteed next year.

Other then this very sensible trade i have nothing. Everything else i think up is a fantasy or horrible with our cap, thanks to resigning Fultz and Isaac.

I'm kinda at a loss as well in terms of how the Magic improves. Our cap situation is bad and yes, we have players on what I would consider good/fair deals, no real overpays. I get the FO resigning Isaac, he had shown enough for them to take a risk on him, he has shown he can at least be elite level at one end. The Fultz one I think they could have easily waited till the end of the season and had him test the market. I dont think he would have gotten any offers higher than what we've given him (this is pre injury, obviously if we had waited we could have gotten him much lower due to the ACL)

Fournier will probably leave with us getting nothing back for him. As much as I'm not a fan of his, replicating his output with another player with the cap space we have isnt feasible, so theres another hole. Then we go into a year where we need to find a way to trade Gordon as theres no way he is resigning either.

FO needs to tank as best they can while we're in a freakish season for injuries as a one off. I think we would be around 4/5 seed with no injuries this year. East is absolutely awful. Then pull off some sort of wonder trade with Gordon which obviously isnt going to happen. Other than that, win the lottery and get Cade lol.

The Nets are ranked in second place in the Eastern Conference and are on an eight-game winning streak. From the naked eye, this organization looks ready for an NBA championship, however, with a lack of depth on the bench, this team may fall short in the playoffs if they aren’t equipped to deal with certain matchups.

It’s still unclear as to which team may make a push for Dinwiddie, especially with him being out for the remainder of the year. Two teams that stick out as potential trade candidates are the Detroit Pistons and the Orlando Magic. Each franchise is in the rebuilding phase and could use an extra backcourt scorer like Spencer Dinwiddie to improve their roster for next season. Both squads also have a glut of big man that they could potentially part with to take back the dynamic guard.

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors-brooklyn-using-injured-spencer-dinwiddie-as-trade-bait-to-upgrade-around-big-3/

The problem with trading for Dinwiddie is he has a player option for next year, so he could opt out and sign elsewhere.

40 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors-brooklyn-using-injured-spencer-dinwiddie-as-trade-bait-to-upgrade-around-big-3/

The problem with trading for Dinwiddie is he has a player option for next year, so he could opt out and sign elsewhere.

He is someone i wanted before we signed Fultz and he injured his knee. Now it just doesn't make any sense. Here is food for thought, who was the poster who wanted to trade Bamba for Monk a month ago? 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2/26/22302466/charlotte-hornets-lamelo-ball-terry-rozier-gordon-hayward

So Monk has been a disappointment most of his time in charlotte. He only played 4 of their first 17 games. Since then Rozier had some injuries and Graham has fallen way off last years numbers. They finally started playing him and guess what?  He's been playing great! Read the article, he's been one of the main reasons they are winning big games this month.

Also since we are bringing up Charlotte let's look at all the good things they have done. They didn't sign Kemba, way to much money for a tiny point guard who can't defend. The Celtics are suffering now because they paid him. Since they didn't sign Kemba they had money to sign Hayward, otherwise my bet is he would be a Pacer. When Wiseman was picked number 2 they didn't panic and take the next best center, they took LaMelo. Rozier has played well for them and after this year only has one more year on a reasonable contract. Remember when we needed a point guard and everyone laughed at thoughts of scary Terry? 

Anyhow Bamba sits, Monk got playing time and is doing great. Either play him or trade him. I see the future and it's the same as Mario and Elfrid. I think his trade value reaches zero if he makes it to the Summer. The front office is just trying to save face. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Do we think Bamba getting the minutes last night is a precursor to a Khem trade? 

I think they want to trade Mo

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Do we think Bamba getting the minutes last night is a precursor to a Khem trade? 

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I agree that it points more to showcasing Mo than it does trading Khem. Clifford was interviewed about it after the game and I don’t remember the quote but he alluded to it being the norm going forward to “get Mo in shape.”

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree that it points more to showcasing Mo than it does trading Khem. Clifford was interviewed about it after the game and I don’t remember the quote but he alluded to it being the norm going forward to “get Mo in shape.”

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Honestly if you want to trade Mo I think you probably shouldn't play him. Because he does not look good when he plays.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly if you want to trade Mo I think you probably shouldn't play him. Because he does not look good when he plays.

Was about to say the same thing.  His trade value would be going down based on his recent play.  He had a stretch of a few games where he looked ready to play, and played with some intensity.  Remember when he played an entire fourth quarter and looked really good?  People were rightly criticizing Clifford for not capitalizing on that by playing Mo more.  But then for whatever combination of reasons it didn’t last. Very disappointing!