Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

What about Smack, Drunk and TITY?
They're already retired with their yersey hanging somewhere??? :P

You've also sent SuperMario Hezonja back in Europe today, will play in Greece, Panathinaikos. I like your mod power, please give me some!

Those are some old names! Wow!

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Those are some old names! Wow!

What about Jareth telling us his Cute Story(es) :P
Ok, I'll stop, sorry for the off topic! :)

11 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

What about Jareth telling us his Cute Story(es) :P
Ok, I'll stop, sorry for the off topic! :)

If we're going full nostalgia for mods how can you leave out Marc Acres, for shame.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

If we're going full nostalgia for mods how can you leave out Marc Acres, for shame.

Just trying to recover some of them from remote sites in my mind, and it wasn't actually an admin search, I don't think that Tity and Jareth were admins, for example! :)

9 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Just trying to recover some of them from remote sites in my mind, and it wasn't actually an admin search, I don't think that Tity and Jareth were admins, for example! :)

Oh I know Jareth wasn't, him and Jec were an absolute nightmare for derailing threads with pictures and gifs lol

Maybe it’ll take us being competitive again to have some of those gents come back. Fultz4thewin is still active in the Magic Kingdom on Twitter, just doesn’t come here anymore. I remember our last competitive run a decade ago, this place was poppin 

5 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Oh I know Jareth wasn't, him and Jec were an absolute nightmare for derailing threads with pictures and gifs lol

That was what made me post the tank gif the other week... nostalgia. I only lurked then

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Maybe it’ll take us being competitive again to have some of those gents come back. Fultz4thewin is still active in the Magic Kingdom on Twitter, just doesn’t come here anymore. I remember our last competitive run a decade ago, this place was poppin 

To be fair, message boards in general aren't really as widely used or popular as they once were. People shout their opinions on social media instead. Like, I bet there's a whole generation of Magic fans who'd find this forum alien.

Josh Robbins on the Athletic implied that Fournier doesn't have a lot of value and that he might only be interesting to teams with long term salary looking to dump it. 

I'm not necessarily sure I believe that, but assuming that's the case I'd honestly rather just let him leave as an FA this summer. 

Woke up to the rumour that the Mavs might be looking to move KP. Any takers?

Personally, if he’s available I’d make a move as long as it didn’t involve our first this year

1 hour ago, MagicMoses said:

Woke up to the rumour that the Mavs might be looking to move KP. Any takers?

Personally, if he’s available I’d make a move as long as it didn’t involve our first this year

Personally I'm not interested unless the price is really low. We have enough health problems without adding another perennially injured guy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Personally I'm not interested unless the price is really low. We have enough health problems without adding another perennially injured guy.

I appreciate that you are hesitant about adding an injury prone player but with our current lack of star quality I’d be willing to take the risk. Especially with his size, mobility, shooting (although it hasn’t been great this season) and defensive upside. Also fits with the timeline of our younger players