Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

For what its worth Vuc is not my top 3 or even 5 favorite player of the magic... But hes probably my top 3 most liked player. I'd hate to see him go, but he just fits well with boston and has for the last 3 years.

The thing with a Vucevic to Boston trade is that everything we’d want in a deal for him wouldn’t make a deal for him make sense on their end. Like, ideally we asked for Jaylen. Going from a Tatum/Jaylen duo to a Tatum/Vucevic duo doesn’t make them any better. All their picks that they got from the Nets trade Ainge has already cashed in on, and honestly seriously mismanaged and blew the picks. The question for our team builders when it comes to this is a deal based around Marcus Smart, Robert Williams and either Nesmith or Langford and a couple picks that will undoubtedly be late rounders worth it for Vucevic?

Id love Boston as a trade partner if it meant they’d give us Brown, but that’s not realistic for them, they view Nik as a missing piece not a replacement piece.

• Like 1

Actually going to watch this game, but mostly because i'm  interested in New York. In normal times i usually go to Knicks games, always a good time at Amway.

Just want to point out that many of the players posters on here were desperate to trade for in the past few years are balling. I'm amazed and pleasantly surprised on the basketball knowledge on this forum. Go Magic!

Important Update: It’s my joy to welcome CTMagicUK and All Eyes On Me as new mods to the board. All mods here (old and new) are volunteers and simply serve to keep this place open with respect and a love for the Magic leading the way. Now if our team could just win this season or win the lottery, all would be great! Go Magic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Important Update: It’s my joy to welcome CTMagicUK and All Eyes On Me as new mods to the board. All mods here (old and new) are volunteers and simply serve to keep this place open with respect and a love for the Magic leading the way. Now if our team could just win this season or win the lottery, all would be great! Go Magic!

Well deserved!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Congrats!!

• Like 1

There's a rumour the Lakers are interested in trading for Bamba. Doubt we'd do that, I swear to god we better not. They don't even have anything worth trading for. 

15 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Congrats. I cant believe I've been on this board since inception and have watched many mods come and go and am grateful for the time and commitment it takes to volunteer for this.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

There's a rumour the Lakers are interested in trading for Bamba. Doubt we'd do that, I swear to god we better not. They don't even have anything worth trading for. 

I agree although THT is interesting, he has the same problem as Bamba and has to be resigned. At least with Bamba he still has one more year before he is restricted. 

In either case, your right they have nothing. I looked at the end of their bench, its truly awful. Makes me wonder how they win and then i remember they have Lebron. SMH.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I mean, we’re getting very close to the extend Mo or not decision. If management and the staff think they’ve seen enough he’s as good as gone by the deadline, and all signs seem to be pointing to that.

But I agree, if trading Mo is inevitable the last place we need to gift another talented Center to is the GD Lakers

Strange rumor, LA need sure things for their target, not umproven players that are unable to play minutes in a weak team.

19 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Congratulations.  I’ve been expecting this announcement for some time. Well deserved.

I do hope they triple your salary :)