Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I miss the speculation and frothing at the mouth of people on here years ago when moves were coming, driving people into half page rants

Actually the lack of any real emotion on this forum tells a bigger story.  People are finally getting worn down after years of watching this team go through the motions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Actually the lack of any real emotion on this forum tells a bigger story.  People are finally getting worn down after years of watching this team go through the motions.  

All I know is I’ve been a Steve Clifford apologist through and through, but I want his ass gone if he won’t play Mo Bamba real minutes. We’re gonna be bad regardless, let’s at least throw some fun Bamba/Okeke/Anthony lineups out there so we can have some sort of excitement.

Also, apparently we’ve signed Frank Mason to a 2 way deal, meaning one of Bone or Mane are getting cut 

The season is obviously lost. But I hope we trade Vuc, AG, Fournier. Or at least we sit Vuc for most of the season...we can’t again win unnecessary games and end up with the 6th-7th draft pick...

Either the league are announcing a 3rd 2 way or one of Bone or Mane are gone. Regardless Mason was GLeague MVP last season I believe so he should be an upgrade at backup PG.

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Either the league are announcing a 3rd 2 way or one of Bone or Mane are gone. Regardless Mason was GLeague MVP last season I believe so he should be an upgrade at backup PG.

We waived Jordan Bone. Must have some long term hope for Karim Mane. 

15 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

All I know is I’ve been a Steve Clifford apologist through and through, but I want his ass gone if he won’t play Mo Bamba real minutes. We’re gonna be bad regardless, let’s at least throw some fun Bamba/Okeke/Anthony lineups out there so we can have some sort of excitement.

It’s funny how no one asks Clifford about Bamba’s playing time in the post game conferences.  Almost like they’re avoiding the topic or something.  

The last game was the first time I felt like there might be coaching issues.  I’ve supported Clifford also, but the players repeatedly over dribbled when they didn’t have anything, instead of quickly passing the ball.  Their instincts just seemed wrong.  The contrast between us and the Raptors in that regard was really stark.  Also Anthony was bringing the ball up more slowly and dribbling a lot more before getting in to the offense.  At times there were less than 12 seconds left on the 24 second clock before we got into our offense.  Anthony didn’t start the season doing that and I don’t like the change. 

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It’s funny how no one asks Clifford about Bamba’s playing time in the post game conferences.  Almost like they’re avoiding the topic or something.  

The last game was the first time I felt like there might be coaching issues.  I’ve supported Clifford also, but the players repeatedly over dribbled when they didn’t have anything, instead of quickly passing the ball.  Their instincts just seemed wrong.  The contrast between us and the Raptors in that regard was really stark.  Also Anthony was bringing the ball up more slowly and dribbling a lot more before getting in to the offense.  At times there were less than 12 seconds left on the 24 second clock before we got into our offense.  Anthony didn’t start the season doing that and I don’t like the change. 

Think more than anything that had to do with asking Fournier to be primary ball handler, he doesn’t know how. Always tries to squeeze through double teams which against Toronto doesn’t work. I feel for the guys and for Clifford because these injuries the past few years have been insane, bur when we lose composure and start playing hero ball or buddy ball this team is just disgusting to watch

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Think more than anything that had to do with asking Fournier to be primary ball handler, he doesn’t know how. Always tries to squeeze through double teams which against Toronto doesn’t work. I feel for the guys and for Clifford because these injuries the past few years have been insane, bur when we lose composure and start playing hero ball or buddy ball this team is just disgusting to watch

Agree.  And unfortunately not just Fournier, although he’s a frequent offender.  Appeared to even be rubbing off on the second unit last game.  

Any one else just checking scores now in the hope the teams below us win? Was a good night for that with Wash, Sac, OKC and NOP winning